17/07/13 Classics on the Common Gallywood.

An area for the Essex and North East London area group - Essex MGF

Moderator: Michael Murkin

Dave_T
Committee Member
MGF Register Region: South East
Model of Car: TF160 Shot Silk

17/07/13 Classics on the Common Gallywood.

Post by Dave_T » Thu May 16, 2013 9:54 am

The Chelmer Valley Car meet are again holding their "Classics on the common" night on Wednesday 17th July 2013.
It will be held as usual at the Horse & Groom Galleywood common, Chelmsford.

Dave & Rhona.
Dave T.

05 MY Shot Silk. TF160 (& silly grin whilst driving it!)
MG Car Club Director and MGF Register Committee member

Dave_T
Committee Member
MGF Register Region: South East
Model of Car: TF160 Shot Silk

Re: 17/07/13 Classics on the Common Gallywood.

Post by Dave_T » Tue Jul 16, 2013 1:37 pm

Some of us are meeting at the Ship pub hanningfield 6:30pm.
If you fancy joining us please let me know :thumbsu:
Dave T.

05 MY Shot Silk. TF160 (& silly grin whilst driving it!)
MG Car Club Director and MGF Register Committee member

adrianclifford
MGF Register Region: Essex
Model of Car: MGTF 80LE

Post by adrianclifford » Tue Jul 16, 2013 6:03 pm

I'll be there if I'm finished work in time, it was a very good evening last time we went.
Bilstein shocks, Piper 4-2-1 manifold, Daytona, Vader cold-air induction, custom Z and F Stage 2 re-map, Electric boot release, braided hoses, Blue Magnecor leads, Technozen relays, Stage 1 head, BMW Angel Eyes headlights, "MG" puddle lights.

stuart
MGF Register Region: Hertfordshire
Model of Car: TF160

Post by stuart » Tue Jul 16, 2013 8:27 pm

I may pop along- I've got to go over to Bishops Stortford tomorrow which isn't too far ay?
Stuart

'02 TF 160 - an Original MG Rover Group Press Car...and still lookin' sharp!

Bilstein Shocks, Z&F Remap, B&G Coolant Alarm, Glass Rear Screen, Braided Hoses, Bling-free at the moment...but that'll probably change

adrianclifford

Post by adrianclifford » Thu Jul 18, 2013 5:28 pm

I don't know if you made it Stuart, we saw some unknown TF's last night but what a great turn-out of cars and people that was. Cars from every decade from the 30's to brand new. If you're in to "muscle cars" you would not have believed these cars were allowed on the road especially the outrageous "Vauxhall Firenza 2000SL" that had a huge Chevy or Holden V8, it had a fibre glass pop on body and it was full race spec (like the cars of Gerry Marshall from the '70's). So many cars with more than 7 litres, so much NOS they needed a warning sticker. The XJ10 with twin superchargers and a boot full of nitrous, the V8 Humber Hawk that just shook with power when ticking over, the list was endless.

People were even parked off the common on the main road to hear these cars leave and arrive.

Make this an evening out next year.
Bilstein shocks, Piper 4-2-1 manifold, Daytona, Vader cold-air induction, custom Z and F Stage 2 re-map, Electric boot release, braided hoses, Blue Magnecor leads, Technozen relays, Stage 1 head, BMW Angel Eyes headlights, "MG" puddle lights.

stuart
MGF Register Region: Hertfordshire
Model of Car: TF160

Post by stuart » Thu Jul 18, 2013 8:15 pm

Hi Adrian

I did make it and very glad I did! A clear run on the A414 on a nice summers evening was just the ticket after being stuck in the office all day. I could only stay for about an hour and had a good old chat with some really nice down to earth people who clearly love their cars- not a big fan of the yank tanks to be honest (gotta admire the passion though), but great to see some 70's survivors that not to long ago would've been sold for the price of a bag of chips- took me back to my "yoof"

When I was leaving, I actually pulled up next to a gaggle of lovely TF's- mine is a Tahiti blue TF160- judging by your avatar I think I parked up next to you briefly but time was ticking for me I'm afraid and I was on the clock from she who must be obeyed at all times.

Nice work btw posting on here concerning the Herts meeting (in Middlesex!)- I'll be at that so it'd be good to have a bit more time to say hello.
Stuart

'02 TF 160 - an Original MG Rover Group Press Car...and still lookin' sharp!

Bilstein Shocks, Z&F Remap, B&G Coolant Alarm, Glass Rear Screen, Braided Hoses, Bling-free at the moment...but that'll probably change

adrianclifford

Post by adrianclifford » Fri Jul 19, 2013 2:06 pm

Hi Stuart, yep we were the gaggle of TF's.

I too love the old British classics (especially the beautiful ex Police Lotus Cortina Mk1.) but,as you say, the passion and raw power of those V8's :o .