Scratch & dent repairs

An area for the Essex and North East London area group - Essex MGF

Moderator: Michael Murkin

adrianclifford
MGF Register Region: Essex
Model of Car: MGTF 80LE

Scratch & dent repairs

Post by adrianclifford » Tue May 20, 2008 7:40 pm

It is often asked about where to go for scratch and dent repairs, I'm sure many of you have your favourites. Just recently getting the car back up to what it should look like I have come across a few that were average but also a few who were outstanding and deserve the custom.

May I add this :

You all know about John the Polisher, the wheel man on Canvey 01268 680245.
I can recommend Steve Chapman, Auto trim n chips 01268 795048 / 07950 579424.
He in turn recommends Geoff Sarll of Invisident for paintless dent removals 01245 421861 / 07899 917767.

If you have any recommendations (other than Steve Tyler) put them here for others to choose should they need such a service.
Bilstein shocks, Piper 4-2-1 manifold, Daytona, Vader cold-air induction, custom Z and F Stage 2 re-map, Electric boot release, braided hoses, Blue Magnecor leads, Technozen relays, Stage 1 head, BMW Angel Eyes headlights, "MG" puddle lights.

Troystone

Re: Scratch & dent repairs

Post by Troystone » Tue May 20, 2008 11:01 pm

DentsDirect - a dent technician called Peter Gibson - top class work. He removed three dents in 15 minutes and only charged me £45 a panel because I belonged to the Essex Roadsters. The work he did was quality - Only down side is he loves talking about his VW golf and its padel control gear stick on the steering wheel.

He is from Colchester but is down this way twice a week as he is so popular around the Southend area. He also has 11 years of removing dents.

Think he has worked on Mark and Mikes cars

Number :- 07967192005

mark lucas
Model of Car: mgfvvc

Post by mark lucas » Thu Mar 12, 2009 9:28 am

Steve Chapman has just done my dads F,he has done a great job :thumbsu:

Mark
Regional Rep for Essex, and your friendly contact for this
area

Essex Roadsters... we have TWO meetings
each month.
First Thursday of the month at the Dick Turpin on the A127
and
Third Thursday of the month at the Halfway House on the
A127.

Troystone

Post by Troystone » Fri Jun 05, 2009 11:21 am

Safety Warning

We have recently had work done by Auto trim n chips although the actual work on our curbed alloys was very well done, Auto trim n chip did not do a great job in putting the wheels back on the car correctly. All the wheel nuts on the front were not done up (could turn them with my fingers) nearly resulting in a possible fatal accident!!. By reading other Essex Roadsters experience at Auto trim n chip it shows of a very good feedback but just one mistake like this is enough for me not to us them again or recommend them to anyone else. :thumbsd:

adrianclifford
Model of Car: MGTF 80LE

Post by adrianclifford » Mon Feb 08, 2010 4:06 pm

Since working at Toomey's in Cherry Orchard Way, very close to British Legends, I have found they use Essex Smart Repairs. I needed a repair very quickly in time for the photo-shoot in December so I spoke to their top man, Jason Singleton who made a great job on the TF. Very efficient and at a good price too.

They will travel to you or work at Cherry Orchard and they have several outlets around the area so they are well worth a call www.essexsmartrepairs.com or 07875 387136 for Jason.
Bilstein shocks, Piper 4-2-1 manifold, Daytona, Vader cold-air induction, custom Z and F Stage 2 re-map, Electric boot release, braided hoses, Blue Magnecor leads, Technozen relays, Stage 1 head, BMW Angel Eyes headlights, "MG" puddle lights.

ashingdon
Model of Car: 1998 MGF

Post by ashingdon » Wed Aug 03, 2016 10:34 am

Hi all these posts seam quite old has anyone used any of these or anyone else recently in the Southend area please

Thanks Gary