ER15

An area for the Essex and North East London area group - Essex MGF

Moderator: Michael Murkin

dwkmgf
MGF Register Region: Essex
Model of Car: 01 Steptronic

ER15

Post by dwkmgf » Sun Jun 23, 2013 9:14 am

Managed to catch up with Kieron yesterday and we chatted about doing something for ER15. His problem is one of time - to much at work, not enough with family, so he would be grateful if the wider membership could plan something, which I said I thought we would.

On Thursday there was a little discussion about a run of some description - round Essex starting at one of our pubs and ending at the other was one suggestion. We also have a lot of runs that the group has done over the years with route books etc, that could be combined into a single run or used as part of a longer run out.

If anyone would like to suggest any alternatives to celebrating ER15 then feel free to post them, but I think a decision will need to be made at the next meet.
Dave
2001 Tahiti Blue Freestyle Steptronic - Racing Vintage Stripes, Racing Vintage Interior, K&N 57i, TT Mk 4 Exhaust, AP Racing Brakes, HEP Braided Brake Hoses

dwkmgf

Re: ER15

Post by dwkmgf » Wed Jul 31, 2013 12:33 pm

I have been looking at routes for the ER15 drive and have come up with the following:

ER1 - 150 miles around Essex, starting at the Halfway House and ending at the Dick Turpin. I think this is too long, but I wanted to give the option. Halfway point would be Walton on the Naze. total driving time is about 6 hours - but you would need to add stops into that.

ER2 - 100 miles, again starting and finishing the same as above. This one has the option of a longer stop at somewhere like Colchester Castle or Colne Valley Railway for lunch.

Both routes have a combination of A and B roads as requested, and i guess a run along southend front can be easily incorporated into both routes

I have scanned the maps and they are attached. Have a look and let me know. I will not be at the meet this week as I will be preping the car for a photoshoot on Friday.
Attachments
01955.pdf
(3.76 MiB) Downloaded 99 times
Dave
2001 Tahiti Blue Freestyle Steptronic - Racing Vintage Stripes, Racing Vintage Interior, K&N 57i, TT Mk 4 Exhaust, AP Racing Brakes, HEP Braided Brake Hoses

dwkmgf

Post by dwkmgf » Mon Aug 12, 2013 7:14 am

Is anyone actually interested in doing anything?
Dave

adrianclifford
Model of Car: MGTF 80LE

Post by adrianclifford » Mon Aug 12, 2013 6:38 pm

Yep, I'm in, what's your plan ?

I'm busy planning London T&B at the moment as you know, off to MGFIM on Thursday for five days, the 25th we're off to the chairman's run, four days later off to Luxembourg for four days again for the Ardennen Meeting then the Neiderrhein Tourfor another five so I don't have a great deal of time but I offered at the pub meet to help, I'm waiting to see what we are doing.
Bilstein shocks, Piper 4-2-1 manifold, Daytona, Vader cold-air induction, custom Z and F Stage 2 re-map, Electric boot release, braided hoses, Blue Magnecor leads, Technozen relays, Stage 1 head, BMW Angel Eyes headlights, "MG" puddle lights.

dwkmgf

Post by dwkmgf » Mon Aug 12, 2013 11:10 pm

See previous posts for the plan - I was hoping for some feedback on which route was preferable but got none. Two routes have been worked out so no help needed there - which ever one we go for it will just be a route map rather than a tulip. I have driven most of the routes at various times, but not as a complete run.

Really need numbers so that rally plates can be ordered from Sean - do you know what his lead time would be for 20 plates.

I guess with holidays in full swing nobody will be at the meet on Thursday
Dave

Dave_T
Committee Member
MGF Register Region: South East
Model of Car: TF160 Shot Silk

Post by Dave_T » Tue Aug 13, 2013 12:32 am

we are up for this :thumbsu:
I think the shorter route with the longer stop would be our prefered option.

sorry but we wont be at the HH thursday but will talk to you next week ;)
Dave T.

05 MY Shot Silk. TF160 (& silly grin whilst driving it!)
MG Car Club Director and MGF Register Committee member

adrianclifford

Post by adrianclifford » Tue Aug 13, 2013 6:15 pm

That's three of us then Dave.

It all depends how busy Sean is at work, sometimes he gets a large order from, say, the Council who want everything the same week. I'll call him if you like. Who's going to design ?, I suggest Paul as he's so good at it. Ask Steve if he'll sponsor them, put British Legends on them (or Hoods ?).
Bilstein shocks, Piper 4-2-1 manifold, Daytona, Vader cold-air induction, custom Z and F Stage 2 re-map, Electric boot release, braided hoses, Blue Magnecor leads, Technozen relays, Stage 1 head, BMW Angel Eyes headlights, "MG" puddle lights.

dwkmgf

Post by dwkmgf » Wed Aug 14, 2013 6:48 am

Thanks Adrian that would be good if you could phone Sean. Paul is doing the design.
Dave

adrianclifford

Post by adrianclifford » Fri Sep 13, 2013 8:37 am

Last night at The Ship I put forward a plan for the 29th September, it looked like everybody is in agreement and many have signed up already. The plan consists of a 10.00 start from the Halfway House whereby you choose your own route to pick up answers from around south Essex, a kind of orienteering event. There will be a number of places set for you to go, the easy ones score one point the harder to find/get to will score more. You must stop for lunch and provide a till receipt as proof and return to the Dick Turpin by 16.00 when the event finishes.

You can use a roadmap, a sat-nav or Google to help your navigation but bring a roadmap as a must have.

After dinner at the DT the points will be added and a winning team will win the ER15 prize.

I am asking for £5 to cover costs and the prizes, 1st, 2nd and 3rd.

Please let me know if you are coming as I may not be at the Halfway House for long next week because we have an early ferry on Friday to the Neiderrhein Tour.

So far :

Michael & Marion
Dave & Rhona
Andy & Emma
Bill & Nicole
Sue & ?
John & Chris £5 paid.
Dawn & Kevin
Steve & Pam
Graham & Alma
Last edited by adrianclifford on Tue Sep 17, 2013 3:27 pm, edited 4 times in total.

billd

Post by billd » Fri Sep 13, 2013 12:23 pm

Bill and Nicole. (might get back by 16.00)
Stupid is forever, ignorance can be fixed.

adrianclifford

Post by adrianclifford » Fri Sep 13, 2013 6:09 pm

Nicole's navigating then ? :sf:

dwkmgf

Post by dwkmgf » Sat Sep 14, 2013 7:22 am

Well good to see something is happening. Shame you couldn't have supported the original event in the same way - it was posted for long enough.
Dave

adrianclifford

Post by adrianclifford » Sat Sep 14, 2013 8:31 am

Why do you need to say that Dave ?, I was one of three who supported the original event and I told you I was very busy with work and the Thames tunnels and bridges so I could not commit any more time. That event is now over and I am taking some time off work therefore I can create something special for the 15th anniversary as there was little enthusiasm for the original plan.

I find your comments rather rude Dave and I'm surprised with you. Do you prefer I don't do it and leave it to others ?

adrianclifford

Post by adrianclifford » Sat Sep 14, 2013 4:35 pm

I'm putting this together day by day. It will be in regions so you won't need to go searching all over south Essex. There may be things to look out for between the geographic areas but you choose how many points you want to go for in the time given..

I have placed in the clues a suggested lunch stop that is in a good place within the areas you will visit, if you find it I will be there between 13.00 and 15.00 with a test for you and you can earn more bonus points.

To be honest and fair I'm planning this on my own as Dawn will be taking part with our youngest, Kevin so I'll be in her car.

Don't forget your map and a clip board as the questions will be on A4 sheets.

If the weather is bad you may need sensible shoes as, at least one place, could be a little muddy.

Please think of a team name.

Steve f
Model of Car: le 80 160

Post by Steve f » Tue Sep 17, 2013 2:54 pm

Alma Grayham
Pam Steve
Will be there

adrianclifford

Post by adrianclifford » Tue Sep 17, 2013 3:26 pm

Thanks Steve.

billd

Post by billd » Wed Sep 18, 2013 8:34 am

adrianclifford wrote:Nicole's navigating then ? :sf:
Broadly speaking!
Stupid is forever, ignorance can be fixed.

Andrew Regens
Regional Rep
MGF Register Region: Eastern Australia
Model of Car: TF160LE80th #15/1600

Post by Andrew Regens » Tue Sep 24, 2013 2:11 pm

Might see you all at the DT on the 29th, yes I'm back for three weeks and it's close to Basildon Hospital!
Piper 4-2-1 Manifold, Daytona Back Box, Stage two Remap, Bilstein Shocks, thicker anti roll bars, PG 1 gearbox Caged bearing with type B Ltd Slip Diff. Large rear brake Kit, Toyo R888R Track/road tyres. Half Roll Cage, 4Point Harness.

adrianclifford

Post by adrianclifford » Wed Sep 25, 2013 7:01 pm

Andrew, it will be nice to see you again, however I do hope your father is well.

if you're at the end you could help with the final challenge :thumbsu:

To give you time to plan your attack, I will be there by 09.45. When everybody is there (so you all have the same prep time) you can have your clues sheet and you can all leave on time.

Andrew Regens
Regional Rep
MGF Register Region: Eastern Australia
Model of Car: TF160LE80th #15/1600

Post by Andrew Regens » Fri Sep 27, 2013 6:53 pm

visiting time is from 3 til 5 so i reckon we should be around four pm. will talk then.
Piper 4-2-1 Manifold, Daytona Back Box, Stage two Remap, Bilstein Shocks, thicker anti roll bars, PG 1 gearbox Caged bearing with type B Ltd Slip Diff. Large rear brake Kit, Toyo R888R Track/road tyres. Half Roll Cage, 4Point Harness.