Third Thursday pub meet

An area for the Essex and North East London area group - Essex MGF

Moderator: Michael Murkin

adrianclifford
MGF Register Region: Essex
Model of Car: MGTF 80LE

Third Thursday pub meet

Post by adrianclifford » Mon Oct 07, 2013 4:02 pm

I have been to the Windmill Tavern today in East Hanningfield and I have spoken to the landlady Tracey. She is happy to have us visit next Thursday 17th with view to it becoming a regular meeting. They are a family run pub that serves food, not a restaurant that serves drinks. Everybody who works there is either family or they live in the village, they pride themselves on good fresh food and their menu looks spot on with many dishes below £10.00p, they have daily specials too. They have inside seating for 40 people and it's an old fashioned look, a little like the Ship.

They have a good range of drinks that should suit us but they are willing to get in anything should we ask.

The car park is ample.

In summer they do get full in the evenings so if we want to eat we need to tell her how many will be expected, after all it's not fair to expect 20 people and only 10 turn up. So I have assured her of an expected turn out of 12-20 people every month and we will see if we're still there by late spring as this is still a trial but I have a nice feeling about this one.

There is extra seating outside for those warm summer evenings should we sit outside.

The pub sits right opposite the lovely green in East Hanningfield village, it's a few miles from the Main Road through Rettendon so it's easily accesible from the south via the Rettendon Turnpike or the north via the A12 at junction 17 Howe Green. The post code is CM3 8AA.

If we like it we can make it permanent on either the first or third Thursday, either is OK with Tracey.

We have a nice area put aside for us from 19.30 for 12-20 people using the MG Car Club as the reservation. There is a side room seating around 14 people just off from the main bar.

I'm still on the lookout for the other location but there's no rush.

Who's coming ?

Adrian & Dawn
Bilstein shocks, Piper 4-2-1 manifold, Daytona, Vader cold-air induction, custom Z and F Stage 2 re-map, Electric boot release, braided hoses, Blue Magnecor leads, Technozen relays, Stage 1 head, BMW Angel Eyes headlights, "MG" puddle lights.

Andrew Regens
Regional Rep
MGF Register Region: Eastern Australia
Model of Car: TF160LE80th #15/1600

Re: Third Thursday pub meet

Post by Andrew Regens » Mon Oct 07, 2013 11:25 pm

We return the 17th so regret can't make it. Sounds good though
Piper 4-2-1 Manifold, Daytona Back Box, Stage two Remap, Bilstein Shocks, thicker anti roll bars, PG 1 gearbox Caged bearing with type B Ltd Slip Diff. Large rear brake Kit, Toyo R888R Track/road tyres. Half Roll Cage, 4Point Harness.

adrianclifford

Post by adrianclifford » Tue Oct 08, 2013 8:08 am

Have a safe flight home then Andrew, see you this Thursday though to say goodbye.
Bilstein shocks, Piper 4-2-1 manifold, Daytona, Vader cold-air induction, custom Z and F Stage 2 re-map, Electric boot release, braided hoses, Blue Magnecor leads, Technozen relays, Stage 1 head, BMW Angel Eyes headlights, "MG" puddle lights.

Andrew Regens
Regional Rep

Post by Andrew Regens » Wed Oct 09, 2013 7:39 am

Where?, we will be there where ever it is
Piper 4-2-1 Manifold, Daytona Back Box, Stage two Remap, Bilstein Shocks, thicker anti roll bars, PG 1 gearbox Caged bearing with type B Ltd Slip Diff. Large rear brake Kit, Toyo R888R Track/road tyres. Half Roll Cage, 4Point Harness.

adrianclifford

Post by adrianclifford » Wed Oct 09, 2013 7:43 am

This Thursday is the usual Anglia Centre meeting at the Ship Inn on the B1007 Stock Road. It's about one mile south of the A12 junction 16.

Andrew Regens
Regional Rep

Post by Andrew Regens » Wed Oct 09, 2013 6:03 pm

If I had not heard from you that was where we were heading! See you then

MGsteveT
Model of Car: MGF, MG3

Post by MGsteveT » Thu Oct 17, 2013 9:04 pm

Where is everybody???
British Legends - MG - Rover - Austin - Freelander -

http://www.britishlegends.co.uk
01702 511123[/centre]

Kieron Lacey
Model of Car: 1996 VVC

Post by Kieron Lacey » Thu Oct 17, 2013 10:21 pm

Great venue.
Great company.
Essex Roadsters are taking a well earned rest, see Essex MGF for local meets

We may have TWO meetings each month
First Thursday of the month at the Dick Turpin on the A127
and
Third Thursday of the month at the Halfway House on the A127.

MGsteveT
Model of Car: MGF, MG3

Post by MGsteveT » Fri Oct 18, 2013 8:21 am

Ha! Very true although we may need a few more to turn up to fill the room that's reserved for us?! Wherever that was.
Btw you may want to change your signature Kieron.
British Legends - MG - Rover - Austin - Freelander -

http://www.britishlegends.co.uk
01702 511123[/centre]

Kieron Lacey
Model of Car: 1996 VVC

Post by Kieron Lacey » Fri Oct 18, 2013 9:47 am

Officially my signature is correct
And perhaps that's where everyone was last night
Essex Roadsters are taking a well earned rest, see Essex MGF for local meets

We may have TWO meetings each month
First Thursday of the month at the Dick Turpin on the A127
and
Third Thursday of the month at the Halfway House on the A127.

adrianclifford

Post by adrianclifford » Fri Oct 18, 2013 1:11 pm

I don't know where you went Steve but 11 of us had a lovely evening in the Windmill, as described on the start of this thread.

Dave & Rhona are away on holiday, Andy P was working in Hull, Bill couldn't make it so with this in mind we had a good turnout. We missed you, Paul, Kieron and Mark, we thought you were going to come and look at the pub to see if it was as we wanted, as it turned out it was very well received, the service, space, food etc was excellent and we felt very welcome to be there.

I did e mail everybody twice, I asked you all for a current e mail address (I only have some phone numbers). So I did send a text to you and Paul informing you of where we were going and also the next pub on the first Thursday, which is also here on a thread.

Sorry if you went to a different pub (where did you end up by the way ?) but I did tell everybody where we were going.

Paul H
Model of Car: 2001 VVC

Post by Paul H » Fri Oct 18, 2013 8:08 pm

we went to the windmill in hanningfield ..as far as i knew it was the only windmill in hanningfield apparently there are two maybe we need a bit better communication, cause i know we won't be the only ones to make the same mistake. although steve, keiron and myself did have a good night in a very nice pub... :?
we did have a look at the pub, it was very nice, just the wrong one!

billd

Post by billd » Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:52 am

Well spotted!
There are indeed 2 Windmills.
The one that the meeting was held at is The Windmill Tavern, East Hanningfield, CM3 8AA, as specified in Adrian's entry above.
The one you must have gone to is The Old Windmill in South Hannigfield, CM3 8HT.
Hope this helps.
Stupid is forever, ignorance can be fixed.

dwkmgf
Model of Car: 01 Steptronic

Post by dwkmgf » Sun Oct 27, 2013 7:15 am

I didn't get any messages - email or text
Dave
2001 Tahiti Blue Freestyle Steptronic - Racing Vintage Stripes, Racing Vintage Interior, K&N 57i, TT Mk 4 Exhaust, AP Racing Brakes, HEP Braided Brake Hoses

adrianclifford

Post by adrianclifford » Sun Oct 27, 2013 11:43 am

Sorry Dave, I was told you had dropped out of all things MG, even you told me you were not feeling much for MG's at the moment.

As you can see we have two new proposals to replace the DT and the HH, hope to see you at them next month as we need to establish which ones prove popular for the future.