First Thursday pub meet

An area for the Essex and North East London area group - Essex MGF

Moderator: Michael Murkin

adrianclifford
MGF Register Region: Essex
Model of Car: MGTF 80LE

First Thursday pub meet

Post by adrianclifford » Sun Oct 13, 2013 5:00 pm

Dawn and I, along with Michael and Marion have visited a lovely pub today which we believe is worth a visit, again with the view of making it one of the replacement pubs.

It's the Shepherd & Dog on the A129 London Road, Crays HIll CM11 2YA. There's an excellent conservatory, in addition to the main pubs two bars. It is situated midway between Wickford and Billericay so it's very easy to get to.

Other Car Clubs visit regularly so we may share with Triumph TR's or even Mercedes but I think it will not create a problem. As it's only experimental at the moment we can alter the visits if the needs be from the first to the third Thursday.

So we'll see you on Thursday 7th November and I hope you will let me know what you think of this possible regular venue.

Please pass the word around and don't forget it's this Thursday (17th October) at the Windmill in East Hanningfield, both pubs are expecting us.
Bilstein shocks, Piper 4-2-1 manifold, Daytona, Vader cold-air induction, custom Z and F Stage 2 re-map, Electric boot release, braided hoses, Blue Magnecor leads, Technozen relays, Stage 1 head, BMW Angel Eyes headlights, "MG" puddle lights.

Steve-S
Model of Car: Mg TF 135 +

Re: First Thursday pub meet

Post by Steve-S » Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:21 pm

Please confirm where you are meeting this thursday
7th nov 2013
Regards
Steve-S

------------- A Mg is a Way of Life Not just for Christmas --------

adrianclifford

Post by adrianclifford » Tue Nov 05, 2013 5:30 pm

The Shepherd & Dog Steve, location as previously written.

How are you, it's been a few years ?.
Bilstein shocks, Piper 4-2-1 manifold, Daytona, Vader cold-air induction, custom Z and F Stage 2 re-map, Electric boot release, braided hoses, Blue Magnecor leads, Technozen relays, Stage 1 head, BMW Angel Eyes headlights, "MG" puddle lights.

Kieron Lacey
Model of Car: 1996 VVC

Post by Kieron Lacey » Fri Nov 08, 2013 5:25 am

Hope you enjoyed the new pub, I've always had good food and service there, sorry I couldn't make it last night.

What did everyone think of it?

Is it a winner?
Essex Roadsters are taking a well earned rest, see Essex MGF for local meets

We may have TWO meetings each month
First Thursday of the month at the Dick Turpin on the A127
and
Third Thursday of the month at the Halfway House on the A127.

Kieron Lacey
Model of Car: 1996 VVC

Post by Kieron Lacey » Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:50 am

Technically I had a roadsters meeting yesterday...
Isn't that right Andy & Emma?
Essex Roadsters are taking a well earned rest, see Essex MGF for local meets

We may have TWO meetings each month
First Thursday of the month at the Dick Turpin on the A127
and
Third Thursday of the month at the Halfway House on the A127.

adrianclifford

Post by adrianclifford » Fri Nov 08, 2013 10:44 am

It went very well Kieron, Andy apologised as he couldn't make it, Steve Shorey didn't show up but a dozen did, all fed and watered very well, plenty of room and chat, so all in all a good start.

We've been invited to take on the Triumph TR Club in a inter club quiz in February, we'll talk more about this in December.

I feel it's worth a second visit with view to getting more feedback, what did anybody else think ?

Andrew Regens
Regional Rep
MGF Register Region: Eastern Australia
Model of Car: TF160LE80th #15/1600

Post by Andrew Regens » Sat Dec 28, 2013 10:41 pm

Have you decided which pubs will be the meeting places in 2014, I arrive on the Feb 2nd so where on the 6th?
Piper 4-2-1 Manifold, Daytona Back Box, Stage two Remap, Bilstein Shocks, thicker anti roll bars, PG 1 gearbox Caged bearing with type B Ltd Slip Diff. Large rear brake Kit, Toyo R888R Track/road tyres. Half Roll Cage, 4Point Harness.

adrianclifford

Post by adrianclifford » Sun Dec 29, 2013 7:17 pm

At the moment, it's still the Shepherd & Dog unless people don't like it or another better suggestion comes along, keep an eye on the forum Andrew in case of change.

adrianclifford

Post by adrianclifford » Wed Jan 22, 2014 6:51 pm

We will still be at the Shepherd & Dog until anything changes (it will be announced here and by e mail) so I'll remind you now for the February meeting on the 6th.

I'll also mention the landlord has invited us to a pub quiz on Saturday the 8th, he wants somebody to finally beat the TR Register. We have eight people so far and we can have more so who's up for the quiz ?