Important...New meeting venues

An area for the Essex and North East London area group - Essex MGF

Moderator: Michael Murkin

adrianclifford
MGF Register Region: Essex
Model of Car: MGTF 80LE

Important...New meeting venues

Post by adrianclifford » Sun Mar 23, 2014 4:17 pm

I will e mail out the reminders as usual but to let you know we had a very good lunch meeting at the Toby Carvery today (the one on the Runwell Road at the A132/A130 Rettendon Turnpike junction). The food and service was excellent especially considering they were packed, as they always are on a Sunday lunchtime.

We have been offered a separate seating area by the manager for our midweek visits therefore we are making this our 1st Thursday of the month meeting and moving the Shepherd & Dog to the third Thursday hence dropping the Windmill completely as it is now too small.

Hope this large, easy to get to location meets with your approval :thumbsu:
Bilstein shocks, Piper 4-2-1 manifold, Daytona, Vader cold-air induction, custom Z and F Stage 2 re-map, Electric boot release, braided hoses, Blue Magnecor leads, Technozen relays, Stage 1 head, BMW Angel Eyes headlights, "MG" puddle lights.

Andrew Regens
Regional Rep
MGF Register Region: Eastern Australia
Model of Car: TF160LE80th #15/1600

Re: Important...New meeting venues

Post by Andrew Regens » Sun Mar 23, 2014 11:15 pm

I will be over in May, so look forward to trying out the new venue.
Piper 4-2-1 Manifold, Daytona Back Box, Stage two Remap, Bilstein Shocks, thicker anti roll bars, PG 1 gearbox Caged bearing with type B Ltd Slip Diff. Large rear brake Kit, Toyo R888R Track/road tyres. Half Roll Cage, 4Point Harness.

adrianclifford

Post by adrianclifford » Mon Mar 24, 2014 7:46 am

Look forward to meeting you again Andrew :thumbsu:
Bilstein shocks, Piper 4-2-1 manifold, Daytona, Vader cold-air induction, custom Z and F Stage 2 re-map, Electric boot release, braided hoses, Blue Magnecor leads, Technozen relays, Stage 1 head, BMW Angel Eyes headlights, "MG" puddle lights.

Andrew Regens
Regional Rep

Post by Andrew Regens » Wed Apr 02, 2014 4:30 pm

Will try and make it tomorrow
Piper 4-2-1 Manifold, Daytona Back Box, Stage two Remap, Bilstein Shocks, thicker anti roll bars, PG 1 gearbox Caged bearing with type B Ltd Slip Diff. Large rear brake Kit, Toyo R888R Track/road tyres. Half Roll Cage, 4Point Harness.

Dave_T
Committee Member
MGF Register Region: South East
Model of Car: TF160 Shot Silk

Post by Dave_T » Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:44 pm

Andrew Regens wrote:Will try and make it tomorrow
That's a long flight just for a Carvery! :lol: :lol:
Dave T.

05 MY Shot Silk. TF160 (& silly grin whilst driving it!)
MG Car Club Director and MGF Register Committee member

adrianclifford

Post by adrianclifford » Thu Apr 03, 2014 8:00 am

Is it May already ??

We should be in Belgium then :o

adrianclifford

Post by adrianclifford » Fri Apr 04, 2014 6:31 am

Thanks everybody for turning up, that was a great evening. We had 28 people in all not bad for a new venue. Luckily the manager was on our side and produced extra chairs or we would have been standing. The Carvery was excellent and at £6.29 for a huge plate that's not bad.

I'm off to check out somewhere else for the third Thursday so I'll be in touch.

adrianclifford

Post by adrianclifford » Fri Apr 11, 2014 1:49 pm

Update needed :

Due to the success of our recent meetings and the enthusiasm shown by everybody who turn up and take part (I thank you all) I have decided upon the following for the future.

First Thursday of every month will be the Lodge at Rettendon, many Car Clubs meet there, many of you know it and it's ideal. I wasn't too sure about the price but their menu is extensive and price is very reasonable, we have tables reserved for between 20 & 30 people. It's on the A132 Burnham Road about one mile from the Rettendon Turnpike (Hawkhill Roundabout), head towards South Woodham Ferrers for about one mile from the Turnpike, at the island in the middle of the road opposite Hayes Leisure Park, turn left into the Lodge.

The third Thursday will be the Toby Carvery now.

Of course, no change to the second Thursday that remains the Anglia Centre meet at the Ship.

I have been asked today about returning to the Halfway House, apparently it's been refurbished and it's under new management. Nobody has mentioned it before today to me, does anybody have any views about returning there ?

adrianclifford

Post by adrianclifford » Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:47 am

Several of you have replied regarding a return to the Halfway House (thank you all), most want to stay with the two current locations but, as it's been asked we will have an evening meal there soon and see what it's like. We need to look at days though as many don't like the music from the tent outside and you all prefer a reserved area which is something we are quite used to now, I'll see if they will reserve an area for us now we are making good numbers.

See you all at the Toby this Thursday.

Andrew Regens
Regional Rep

Post by Andrew Regens » Wed Apr 23, 2014 11:53 am

So when's the next one tomorrow or next Thursday?

adrianclifford

Post by adrianclifford » Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:49 pm

Dates are still the same Andrew, if anything changes I'll mail you all.

First Thursday is the Lodge at Rettendon, the new bigger venue. Do you know where it is ?

We've been invited to join the neighbours from the far west (Hertfordshire) on the 29th for Ken's 50th birthday curry evening. I'll see who's interested by mail later.

Mgmart
MGF Register Region: East Anglia

Re: Important...Meeting venues

Post by Mgmart » Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:55 pm

Hi All, I joined the MGCC at the Brooklands day a few weeks go. Hope to meet with you all or some of you at least next week at The Lodge.

Andrew Regens
Regional Rep

Post by Andrew Regens » Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:46 pm

Hi,
I'm the member who travels the furthest to these meetings.
Welcome, and I hope to meet you then.

adrianclifford

Post by adrianclifford » Fri Apr 25, 2014 8:17 am

Hi Mart, it will be a pleasure to meet you. We are very well represented by ladies (our group is not all male orientated, we have many ladies) so if you have a wife or girlfriend bring her along.

billd

Post by billd » Fri Apr 25, 2014 12:45 pm

Ladies???
Sorry, couldn't resist it!
Stupid is forever, ignorance can be fixed.

adrianclifford

Post by adrianclifford » Fri Apr 25, 2014 7:13 pm

Ladies, yes usually the ones that welcome new ladies (and arrange their social calendar for them) :lol: . I won't mention this to Angela for the price of a pint or two :D

Mgmart
MGF Register Region: East Anglia

Post by Mgmart » Sun Apr 27, 2014 10:55 am

Thanks for the welcome. I hope to be at the Lodge at seven ish.
Martin :thumbsu:

adrianclifford

Post by adrianclifford » Mon Apr 28, 2014 6:52 am

See you there, ask Victoria for the area she has reserved for the MGCC meeting if you're there first.

billd

Post by billd » Mon Apr 28, 2014 12:21 pm

adrianclifford wrote:Ladies, yes usually the ones that welcome new ladies (and arrange their social calendar for them) :lol: . I won't mention this to Angela for the price of a pint or two :D
Glad to see bribery and corruption is alive and well!
Stupid is forever, ignorance can be fixed.

adrianclifford

Post by adrianclifford » Tue Apr 29, 2014 7:55 am

Have you read the text message from Angela to Dawn, oh boy are you in for a surprise ! Dress code for Saturday night, I didn't know they made heels in your size :o