Change in the Essex Region

An area for the Essex and North East London area group - Essex MGF

Moderator: Michael Murkin

Keith Williams
MGF Register Region: Midlands
Model of Car: MGF VVC, Trophy 160

Change in the Essex Region

Post by Keith Williams » Tue Apr 29, 2014 7:59 pm

You may have noticed a change in the Essex area as of today.

After many years of Mark and Keiran looking after the MGF Register Essex region as part of the Essex Roadsters, we now have a change and a parting of the two groups. I have to thank them both for their support over the years as Essex Roadsters were one of the early regional groups associated with the Register but this change will hopefully ensure the members get a better deal from the Register locally.

For our local members in Essex and potential new members, we are lucky in that Adrian Clifford and Andy Phillips have stepped forward to set up a MGF Register group - MGF Essex and this will continue the good work in the Essex area.
1998 MGF VVC, 2001 Trophy 160 & 2013 MG6 GT TSE

colintf
Committee Member & Regional Rep
MGF Register Region: Devon & Cornwall
Model of Car: MG PA TF160 ZTV8

Re: Change in the Essex Region

Post by colintf » Wed Apr 30, 2014 6:52 am

well done Adrian and Andy :thumbsu:

Colin Murrell
MGF Register International Liaison Rep
MGF Register Regional Rep for Devon & Cornwall and Cotswold Regions
MGCC Z and V8 Registers Reps for V8 ZT'/ZTTs

http://www.two-sixties.com/main.htm http://www.triple-mracing.com/

Pete & Lin
Regional Rep
MGF Register Region: Devon & Cornwall
Model of Car: 2001 1.8i

Post by Pete & Lin » Wed Apr 30, 2014 11:39 am

Congratulations Adrian & Andy

(See you Friday Adrian :thumbsu: )
MGF Register Regional Rep. for Devon & Cornwall

MGF MK2 1.8i - Old English White
MGZS SUV - Dynamic Red

https://www.facebook.com/groups/MGFDandC

adrianclifford
MGF Register Region: Essex
Model of Car: MGTF 80LE

Post by adrianclifford » Wed Apr 30, 2014 3:39 pm

Thank you all, I've put a few words in the announcements section.

See you at Dover Friday morning Pete :thumbsu:
Bilstein shocks, Piper 4-2-1 manifold, Daytona, Vader cold-air induction, custom Z and F Stage 2 re-map, Electric boot release, braided hoses, Blue Magnecor leads, Technozen relays, Stage 1 head, BMW Angel Eyes headlights, "MG" puddle lights.

Kieron Lacey
Model of Car: 1996 VVC

Post by Kieron Lacey » Thu May 01, 2014 1:18 pm

Thanks for kind words Keith.

After 16 years at the helm, and being part of what was the most active region of the MGF Register, not only in volume of members but also activities on and off the forum, it's definitely time to allow someone else a shot.
Mark and I have found it increasingly difficult to attend the meetings ourselves due to family, work and interests in other cars.
A lot of the early members have moved on, and the dynamics of ownership have changed. Those early members were in their 20's when buying these cars new back in the Nineties and now have sold them on as families have expanded, something both Mark and I can speak from personally, although we've kept the cars! I'm sure they'll be back though, as I've read many stories of B owners hunting down long sold cars, and I'm sure in a few years we'll be reading the same tale from early F owners.

Let's hope Andy and Adrian can get the Essex region back up to the level it once was and Mark and I wish them both every success in this.(Hopefully we can get along to one or two meets ourselves)

What of the Roadsters?

Well, Mark and I have been thinking and are considering returning the Roadsters to the original pub meets, with large carparks and easy access from the A127, so watch this space for Roadsters updates, in the meantime we hope to see you at an Essex MGF meet.

It's been fun, good luck Andy and Adrian!

Mark and Kieron
xxxx

PS If any of the Roadsters stumble across this, let me know what you think of the return to old pubs idea via PM please
Essex Roadsters are taking a well earned rest, see Essex MGF for local meets

We may have TWO meetings each month
First Thursday of the month at the Dick Turpin on the A127
and
Third Thursday of the month at the Halfway House on the A127.

Andrew Regens
Regional Rep
MGF Register Region: Eastern Australia
Model of Car: TF160LE80th #15/1600

Post by Andrew Regens » Fri May 02, 2014 2:53 pm

Well done Adrian and Andy, the first meeting went of very well I thought with a good turn out May the new register go from strength to strength, which with the new blood it can only go forward.
To Kieron and Mark a thank you for starting the Roadsters and introducing me to a very enjoyable group of like minded people, nuts!
See you all again in a few months.
PS I'll need a new T shirt when you have selected a design
Piper 4-2-1 Manifold, Daytona Back Box, Stage two Remap, Bilstein Shocks, thicker anti roll bars, PG 1 gearbox Caged bearing with type B Ltd Slip Diff. Large rear brake Kit, Toyo R888R Track/road tyres. Half Roll Cage, 4Point Harness.

adrianclifford
Model of Car: MGTF 80LE

Post by adrianclifford » Wed May 07, 2014 6:09 pm

Andrew Regens wrote:Well done Adrian and Andy, the first meeting went of very well I thought with a good turn out May the new register go from strength to strength, which with the new blood it can only go forward.
To Kieron and Mark a thank you for starting the Roadsters and introducing me to a very enjoyable group of like minded people, nuts!
See you all again in a few months.
PS I'll need a new T shirt when you have selected a design

OK Andrew, I'll get to work on that.
Bilstein shocks, Piper 4-2-1 manifold, Daytona, Vader cold-air induction, custom Z and F Stage 2 re-map, Electric boot release, braided hoses, Blue Magnecor leads, Technozen relays, Stage 1 head, BMW Angel Eyes headlights, "MG" puddle lights.