Last night's meeting

An area for the Essex and North East London area group - Essex MGF

Moderator: Michael Murkin

adrianclifford
MGF Register Region: Essex
Model of Car: MGTF 80LE

Last night's meeting

Post by adrianclifford » Fri Jul 04, 2014 9:02 am

Thank you to everybody who came along last night, another great evening with 24 people attending. We welcome Jim from St. Lawrence for the first time and Susie has Bee (her Yellow Trophy) back on the road :thumbsu: .

After the Run to the Vines on Sunday there was great interest in becoming lease holders under shared ownership of a Vine. We talked about this last night and we have 12 definites interested in pursuing this, it costs £350 per year for our own vine and the yield is between 240 and 260 bottles, we can choose the grapes and we can even have our own labels made for our bottles, we cannot sell the wine on. I will be going to the Vineyards again soon, they also have another open day on September 6th & 7th so I will be suggesting we go again on Sunday the 7th. We can visit and sample again should we need to try the different wines again. They offer white, rosé and red.

I will e mail out to our group later for those that were not at the meeting but if you are interested please let me know.

The New Hall Vineyards are the second largest in the UK and they have so many quality awards we know the wine will be good.
Bilstein shocks, Piper 4-2-1 manifold, Daytona, Vader cold-air induction, custom Z and F Stage 2 re-map, Electric boot release, braided hoses, Blue Magnecor leads, Technozen relays, Stage 1 head, BMW Angel Eyes headlights, "MG" puddle lights.

terreneuve
MGF Register Region: Canada

Re: Last night's meeting

Post by terreneuve » Fri Jul 04, 2014 9:33 pm

Your own vine!I need to move to Essex region! :D

adrianclifford

Post by adrianclifford » Sat Jul 05, 2014 9:26 am

Come on over John MGF wine does sound tempting, I'll see there's a bottle for you on your next visit (MGF20 of course).
Bilstein shocks, Piper 4-2-1 manifold, Daytona, Vader cold-air induction, custom Z and F Stage 2 re-map, Electric boot release, braided hoses, Blue Magnecor leads, Technozen relays, Stage 1 head, BMW Angel Eyes headlights, "MG" puddle lights.

Sweet Echo

Post by Sweet Echo » Mon Jul 07, 2014 12:41 am

Hello. Unfortunately, I could not make this meeting. Can you tell me when the next one is please?

Andrew Regens
Regional Rep
MGF Register Region: Eastern Australia
Model of Car: TF160LE80th #15/1600

Post by Andrew Regens » Mon Jul 07, 2014 1:18 pm

Tell me more, trying to get over for September but may be October. See you then.
Piper 4-2-1 Manifold, Daytona Back Box, Stage two Remap, Bilstein Shocks, thicker anti roll bars, PG 1 gearbox Caged bearing with type B Ltd Slip Diff. Large rear brake Kit, Toyo R888R Track/road tyres. Half Roll Cage, 4Point Harness.

adrianclifford

Post by adrianclifford » Mon Jul 07, 2014 4:31 pm

Sweet Echo wrote:Hello. Unfortunately, I could not make this meeting. Can you tell me when the next one is please?
Hi there, sorry I don't have a name to answer to :?

The next meet is at the Halfway House on the eastbound A127 at the A128 Junction. If coming from the north, east or south drive up the A128 for a quarter mile and you will see a turning on your left by the Country Park, that will lead you down to the Pub Car park, if coming from the west, the M25/A12 turn off just before where the A128 is signposted and enter the Car park across the front of the Little Chef.

Our meets are the first and third Thursday's of every month. Look forward to seeing you there :thumbsu:

adrianclifford

Post by adrianclifford » Mon Jul 07, 2014 4:35 pm

Andrew Regens wrote:Tell me more, trying to get over for September but may be October. See you then.
Andrew, we are looking to becoming co-owners of a row of vines that will contain our selected grapes from the samples we had during our visit there. It will cost £350 per year with a bottle yield of between 240 and 260 per year. This will be divided equally between us and we can even have our own labels... hmm MG Wine :thumbsu: