Back to the Halfway House

An area for the Essex and North East London area group - Essex MGF

Moderator: Michael Murkin

adrianclifford
MGF Register Region: Essex
Model of Car: MGTF 80LE

Back to the Halfway House

Post by adrianclifford » Fri Jul 18, 2014 4:01 pm

We had a lovely meet last night, the first time back to the Halfway House for some two years or so. Everything was fine, just as we expected.

We welcomed four new friends, Nadine, John, Brian and Judy all visited for the first time. Along with Nadine came "Hollie" the model MGF doing the rounds, so she can now add Essex to her travels.

Thanks to everybody who support the region, you're all lovely and making Essex a great region again.
Bilstein shocks, Piper 4-2-1 manifold, Daytona, Vader cold-air induction, custom Z and F Stage 2 re-map, Electric boot release, braided hoses, Blue Magnecor leads, Technozen relays, Stage 1 head, BMW Angel Eyes headlights, "MG" puddle lights.

John W
MGF Register Region: South Coast
Model of Car: MGTF 80th Anniversar

Re: Back to the Halfway House

Post by John W » Sat Jul 19, 2014 6:45 am

Adrian, here's a photo of 'Holly' with you, and here's Holly parked outside 'The HalfWay House' will she ever be the same again?... :thumbsu:
Holly at the halfway house
Holly at the halfway house
'Holly' enjoying a drink or two!
'Holly' enjoying a drink or two!
MG 80th Anniversary TF 1420 of 1600, Colour Starlight Silver

dwkmgf
Model of Car: 01 Steptronic

Post by dwkmgf » Sun Jul 20, 2014 1:41 pm

Less than a year ago that the last HWH Essex Roadsters meet happened. Some of us kept going - some didn't.
Dave
2001 Tahiti Blue Freestyle Steptronic - Racing Vintage Stripes, Racing Vintage Interior, K&N 57i, TT Mk 4 Exhaust, AP Racing Brakes, HEP Braided Brake Hoses

adrianclifford

Post by adrianclifford » Mon Jul 21, 2014 11:19 am

dwkmgf wrote:Less than a year ago that the last HWH Essex Roadsters meet happened. Some of us kept going - some didn't.
Haven't seen you at an Essex meet since before ER15 in 2013 Dave, when are you coming down ? We have almost unprecedented numbers and it's a great group of people who turn up regularly.
Bilstein shocks, Piper 4-2-1 manifold, Daytona, Vader cold-air induction, custom Z and F Stage 2 re-map, Electric boot release, braided hoses, Blue Magnecor leads, Technozen relays, Stage 1 head, BMW Angel Eyes headlights, "MG" puddle lights.

malcolm64
Model of Car: MGF1.8i

Post by malcolm64 » Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:37 pm

hi have just joined the forum and would be grateful if you could let me know details of when you meet. As for "Holly" I would be interested in taking her to Northumberland when I go to do their Heritage run in September

adrianclifford

Post by adrianclifford » Mon Jul 21, 2014 11:13 pm

Hello Malcolm, whereabouts in our fair county are you ?

We meet on the first Thursday of every month at the Lodge on the A132 Wickford to South Woodham Ferrers Road, half mile east of the Rettendon Turnpike, opposite the Hayes Leisure Park and the third Thursday of every month at the Halfway House, on the eastbound A127 at the A128 junction. We arrive in dribs and drabs from 7.30 pm, ladies are more than welcome we have a lively group of ladies.

malcolm64

Post by malcolm64 » Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:31 am

Hello Adrian im in Southend so not too far from the meeting places as i have passed them when heading north. I will try to get to to your next meet and hopefully will persuade my wife to come along as well

adrianclifford

Post by adrianclifford » Tue Jul 22, 2014 3:11 pm

Malcolm, you're also close to our trusted garage, British Legends where you can get all and any repair work done. Just across the road is a trimmer and paint shop, which I am testing tomorrow as Pearl is having her front bumper re-sprayed (again).

John W
MGF Register Region: South Coast
Model of Car: MGTF 80th Anniversar

Post by John W » Tue Jul 22, 2014 6:36 pm

malcolm64 wrote:hi have just joined the forum and would be grateful if you could let me know details of when you meet. As for "Holly" I would be interested in taking her to Northumberland when I go to do their Heritage run in September
Hi Malcolm, She will be at the MGCC South East 'Summer Gathering' this Sunday 27th July, I am sure some 'Essex MGF'ers are coming as well..you can pay on entry.
Summer Gathering Hever Flyer-Entry 2014.pdf
Summer Gathering Flyer
(108.69 KiB) Downloaded 45 times
'Holly' link....
viewtopic.php?f=12&p=138180#p138180
MG 80th Anniversary TF 1420 of 1600, Colour Starlight Silver

malcolm64

Post by malcolm64 » Tue Jul 22, 2014 6:42 pm

John, Unfortunately I cannot get there due to work commitments, but I am sure I will be able to collect "Holly" before we go to meet MG Northumbria in September. Thanks for the invite I am sure I will take one up shortly

malcolm64

Post by malcolm64 » Tue Jul 22, 2014 6:46 pm

Adrian, I have come across British Legends and have nothing but praise for Steve. He re-built "Penny" when I had HGF failure and she has ran like a dream since then. I would be interested to know "Pearl" gets on as I am in need of either two replacement seats or my existing leather ones re-trimmed.

adrianclifford

Post by adrianclifford » Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:28 pm

Opposite Steve's garage is Hoods County Customs, they do the trim work. Dawn and I removed the seats from Pearl five years ago to re-cover them (they are specially embossed with 80th anniversary logos). We got stuck with removing and replacing the hog rings from the foam, I found HCC in Yellow Pages (they were in Hockley at the time) they done the job for us and let me photograph the procedure for our magazine FasTForward. They moved opposite Steve a couple of years ago.

The paint shop is new, they've been there a few months but I've spoken to them and seen some of their work so I'm trying them tomorrow.

We almost have a one-stop shop as all three are within 50 feet of each other.

Goodies
MGF Register Region: Hertfordshire
Model of Car: MG TF 160

Post by Goodies » Thu Sep 18, 2014 11:42 am

I take it the meeting's on for tonight? :roll:

Thought I might make it a good excuse for a drive out and see how our neighbouring area's doing?....... :thumbsu:

But as the weather looks good, why not?!?!
2005 Royal Blue TF160

Do, or do not. There is no try....

adrianclifford

Post by adrianclifford » Fri Sep 19, 2014 4:19 pm

Did you come over, didn't see any new faces ?

Another riotous evening with much chat and laughter. See you all at the next meeting.

Goodies
MGF Register Region: Hertfordshire
Model of Car: MG TF 160

Post by Goodies » Sat Sep 20, 2014 6:55 pm

I did, but not seeing any MGs in the car park, thought maybe it wasn't happening after all. Sorry to have missed you. I'll have another go next month if I can get over...
2005 Royal Blue TF160

Do, or do not. There is no try....

adrianclifford

Post by adrianclifford » Sun Sep 21, 2014 11:44 am

Did you look in the top car park (not the one alongside the A127) ? We were there until 10.40pm. But not all bring MG's to every meet, we are more of the have a laugh and social side of things rather than "kicking tyres and lifting bonnets". Several come straight from work so therefore use everyday cars.

Andrew Regens
Regional Rep
MGF Register Region: Eastern Australia
Model of Car: TF160LE80th #15/1600

Post by Andrew Regens » Tue Sep 23, 2014 8:22 am

Where this week?
Piper 4-2-1 Manifold, Daytona Back Box, Stage two Remap, Bilstein Shocks, thicker anti roll bars, PG 1 gearbox Caged bearing with type B Ltd Slip Diff. Large rear brake Kit, Toyo R888R Track/road tyres. Half Roll Cage, 4Point Harness.

adrianclifford

Post by adrianclifford » Tue Sep 23, 2014 1:18 pm

Not this week Andrew, come over next week to the Lodge. I have your MGF20 stuff if you are visiting.

Andrew Regens
Regional Rep
MGF Register Region: Eastern Australia
Model of Car: TF160LE80th #15/1600

Post by Andrew Regens » Tue Sep 23, 2014 4:02 pm

Will do, here until 10th Oct.
I've seemed to have lost my avatar!
Piper 4-2-1 Manifold, Daytona Back Box, Stage two Remap, Bilstein Shocks, thicker anti roll bars, PG 1 gearbox Caged bearing with type B Ltd Slip Diff. Large rear brake Kit, Toyo R888R Track/road tyres. Half Roll Cage, 4Point Harness.

adrianclifford

Post by adrianclifford » Tue Sep 23, 2014 5:40 pm

Perfect, see you on the 2nd then :thumbsu: