Seat cover replacement

An area for the Essex and North East London area group - Essex MGF

Moderator: Michael Murkin

adrianclifford
MGF Register Region: Essex
Model of Car: MGTF 80LE

Seat cover replacement

Post by adrianclifford » Thu Feb 19, 2009 5:56 pm

I have just re-covered the seats in the TF, as you know the covers are special anniversary ones with the badging embossed on the alcantara so I could not replace the seats as would have been easier (and more expensive :thumbsd: ).

I came upon a problem with the strip down (and called Steve) because I could not remove or re-fit the hog rings (Which hold the cover to the foam), you need a special tool and new rings.

In the end I found a place worthy of mentioning should any of you want to recover your seats, it's so much cheaper than buying new. They charged me just £60 to completely replace the covers, I took them the seats in four pieces, easy to strip down and 90 minutes later, they were covered. They let me stay and watch too as I made it an article for FTF14. Compare this to the price of a new pair of seats, they can also replace damaged and worn out foam.

They are Keith & Simon at Hoods County Custom, Beckney Lodge, Lower Road, Hockley 01702 562077
Bilstein shocks, Piper 4-2-1 manifold, Daytona, Vader cold-air induction, custom Z and F Stage 2 re-map, Electric boot release, braided hoses, Blue Magnecor leads, Technozen relays, Stage 1 head, BMW Angel Eyes headlights, "MG" puddle lights.