On the look out...

For all that's happening in the furthest SW area.

Moderators: colintf, Pete & Lin

adiepf
MGF Register Region: Devon & Cornwall
Model of Car: P 1.8 VVC

On the look out...

Post by adiepf » Sat Jul 26, 2014 6:54 pm

Sold my 1996 VVC last march to be more sensible & guess what I can't live without it...

Looking for a trusted seller of a VVC...hoping for as little head problems as poss! :D

Live in Plymouth & as it's a 2nd car only want to spend around £1500 max.

Appreciate any tip offs etc!

Thanks

Adie

colintf
Committee Member & Regional Rep
Model of Car: MG PA TF160 ZTV8

Re: On the look out...

Post by colintf » Sat Jul 26, 2014 7:33 pm

Welcome back and happy hunting 8-)

Colin Murrell
MGF Register International Liaison Rep
MGF Register Regional Rep for Devon & Cornwall and Cotswold Regions
MGCC Z and V8 Registers Reps for V8 ZT'/ZTTs

http://www.two-sixties.com/main.htm http://www.triple-mracing.com/

graham5684

Post by graham5684 » Sat Jul 26, 2014 7:50 pm

Hi just p/x my vvc for a tf the car is up for sale at courage cars at whitleigh by the old clarks shoe factory
83000 miles runs great and with a private plate J70 EMR there asking top money at 1499 but I reckon you could get a deal with them,i had this car for nearly 12 mths no problems and went straight through the mot with no advisories you can also see it on ebay,just type in MGF CARS hope this helps regards graham.

adiepf

Post by adiepf » Sun Jul 27, 2014 12:31 am

graham5684 wrote:Hi just p/x my vvc for a tf the car is up for sale at courage cars at whitleigh by the old clarks shoe factory
83000 miles runs great and with a private plate J70 EMR there asking top money at 1499 but I reckon you could get a deal with them,i had this car for nearly 12 mths no problems and went straight through the mot with no advisories you can also see it on ebay,just type in MGF CARS hope this helps regards graham.
I've seen that today on eBay!!...gonna go have a look tomoz, is the head sound on it??

Cheers :D

graham5684

Post by graham5684 » Sun Jul 27, 2014 11:22 am

When I got it from a friend he was told the head had been done although there was no bills for the work,
all seems to be ok,i would still have it today but a tf came up.i had new stainless coolant pipes done
at a mg garage and they gave it a clean bill of health while it was in there,the roof could do with replacing that was my next job to do,drive it see what you think,i see its still on the forecourt,

adiepf

Post by adiepf » Sun Jul 27, 2014 1:00 pm

graham5684 wrote:When I got it from a friend he was told the head had been done although there was no bills for the work,
all seems to be ok,i would still have it today but a tf came up.i had new stainless coolant pipes done
at a mg garage and they gave it a clean bill of health while it was in there,the roof could do with replacing that was my next job to do,drive it see what you think,i see its still on the forecourt,
Yeah just been up, saw there's a few holes in the roof...do they leak or are they ok...it looks really nice mate tbf,I didn't get to look inside or test as the guy was busy but may go back tomoz.

It's in great nick!!!

graham5684

Post by graham5684 » Sun Jul 27, 2014 7:23 pm

yeah they do leak a little,but it has to be really heavy rain.

mimo
MGF Register Region: East Midlands

Post by mimo » Sun Jul 27, 2014 9:02 pm

buy some shoo gloo, its amazing stuff. Held some of my skate shoes together for years, as well as body boards etc etc.
currently binging up a hole in my MGF hood. withsood some serious rain and countless roof foldings

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Shoe-Goo-Origin ... =shoo+gloo