Hi All

For all that's happening in the furthest SW area.

Moderators: colintf, Pete & Lin

mikal
MGF Register Region: Devon & Cornwall

Hi All

Post by mikal » Fri Feb 13, 2015 1:52 pm

I put this in the "General welcome" forum but as its a localish ? Thought I'd reapeat it here as you South Dem boys might now the car in question.

Had a '71 MGBGT many moons ago, was my second car after a Cortina MK 2.....then after various small ish cars. I drifted away from anything small.
Bought a '78 MG Roadster 3 yrs ago , twas oK but my eyeline was dead center of the top of the windscreen and well I wanted something with more poke and differant.....so bought a Chimaera! Kept that for 6 months until we decided to travel and it would have stayed in the garage for 1 summer and 2 winters, so sold it for a tad more than I paid for it................And now its oh bugger, time for a sports car again.

Thought about another TVR...Tuscan/Tamora, BUT if I splased out 20k, her outdoors would throw a hissy fit, so thats out. Thought about an XK8 convertible...........still am and also now an MGF. Have read a bit and especially on pistonheads, where they appear to be part of the MX5 ownersclub at times, theres quite a lot of anti MGF. Theres a nice looking MGF Trophy for sale in Ivybridge Devon, its also on ....that auction site we all love...the yellow one. 2001 hardtop, sounds nice for 1750 pounds.

I'm dithering....help!

colintf
Committee Member & Regional Rep
Model of Car: MG PA TF160 ZTV8

Re: Hi All

Post by colintf » Fri Feb 13, 2015 5:35 pm

Hi and welcome
8-)

Colin Murrell
MGF Register International Liaison Rep
MGF Register Regional Rep for Devon & Cornwall and Cotswold Regions
MGCC Z and V8 Registers Reps for V8 ZT'/ZTTs

http://www.two-sixties.com/main.htm http://www.triple-mracing.com/

mikal

Post by mikal » Fri Feb 13, 2015 5:40 pm

Thankyou

Pete & Lin
Regional Rep
Model of Car: 2001 1.8i

Post by Pete & Lin » Sat Feb 14, 2015 10:56 am

Hi & welcome,

There was a nice looking '03 reg. TF for sale in Plympton, sold within a week of going on the forecourt.
MGF Register Regional Rep. for Devon & Cornwall

MGF MK2 1.8i - Old English White
MGZS SUV - Dynamic Red

https://www.facebook.com/groups/MGFDandC

mikal

Post by mikal » Sat Feb 14, 2015 2:49 pm

I was/am perhaps interested towards the trophy purely for the slight extra horses and its slight exclusivity.....Is it worth the extra $$$ over its nearest rival. Which is a VVC.........(is that right)?

mikal

Post by mikal » Wed Feb 18, 2015 6:14 pm

No interest from SW members to help a newbie! Shame.

Dingbat
Model of Car: MGTF 160 Sprint

Post by Dingbat » Thu Feb 26, 2015 6:24 pm

Hi Mikal. Sorry you feel a bit let down, we are happy to help out but don't always get onto the forum as often as we'd like.

Personally, I think the Trophy is a bit overpriced but each to his own. Before thinking about MG ownership, it's worth knowing that the MGF and the MGTF are very different cars. The F sits on hydragas spheres whilst the TF sits on propers springs and dampers, being the major difference. You can pick up a pretty decent TF for less than £2000.If you go for the 160 model you get the same sort of grunt as you'd get from the Trophy, but it will feel more planted when you usevthe power. Personal opinion only here as we all like different things.

I hope this helps, bit if not,why not come along to one of our bi monthly get togethers and have a chat about it. The next one is on 26 March and I'm just about to put up a post about it on this forum.

Welocome to he forum and I hope to see you out and about in an MG at some point.

Regards

Brian
Brian Dingsdale
TF 160 Sprint, VHS Dampers, glass rear window, B&G low coolant alarm, Mud flaps, rear light protectors, Powdercoated and polybushed subframes (Royal Blue). Stainless coolant pipes. Braided brake hoses. Greasable clutch release arm.