Oulton Park MGOC day - Sat 17th May - TOMORROW!!!

North Wales, Cheshire & the Wirral

Moderator: redbeard57

richandpaula
MGF Register Region: North West

Oulton Park MGOC day - Sat 17th May - TOMORROW!!!

Post by richandpaula » Fri May 16, 2014 9:03 am

Anyone else fancy a rare NW MG day out in the sunshine this Saturday?

Weather forecast is A-OK for Oulton Park on Saturday (dry, sunny, clear skies and temp. of 21/22oC)

Get your top down and drive over to Oulton Park for what is panning out to be an epic Saturday with balmy weather and superb track action to boot!
Generally the morning session (up to about 11.30am) is the qualifiers for each race to establish grid positions for the later races.

If you decide to turn up you can find us at the lodge gate entrance, its a superb spectator position for some close up action!
The more the merrier - all welcome guys.

c13amb
Model of Car: MGTF 135

Re: Oulton Park MGOC day - Sat 17th May - TOMORROW!!!

Post by c13amb » Sun May 18, 2014 7:28 am

Good day out...especially seeing some Fs and TFs racing!! Sorry i missed you guys i was across at the paddock a few times having a nose.The next one ill be at will be the BTCC in June as im on holiday in Kent for a week from next Saturday so may not make the 31st.Hopefully see you all soon!!!
My cars..MY04 '54 MGTF135 in Yas Marina Blue!!!

MY13'63 AUDI Q7 S-LINE 3Ltr. In ibis white!!!

richandpaula

Post by richandpaula » Mon May 19, 2014 10:59 am

We saw you (ok, your car!) and hung around for a while but didn't know what you look like so wasn't about to start asking random folks around that area if they owned a lovely looking MG :roll:

Did someone Say they wanted a report of the day with pics?
OK, Maybe one or two then ;)

After a swift drive up to the meeting point (See Pete - your Midget CAN move when you put your foot down), we arrived at Oulton Park at the brilliantly located 'Lodge Corner' and whipped out the flasks for a coffee:

Then after taking in the sights, sounds and smells of the track from the seats in the stand, we had a wander over to the paddock area:

It seems that racing is born into some people - watch out for this one - he could one day be famous:

As has been mentioned, the variety of cars to be found in the grounds of Oulton Park are breathtaking and you always find a few motors worthy of a photo:

Psstt - Notice that the lovely 'Official Suzi Perry Look-a-Like' made an appearance? ;)

I don't normally go for spoilers & such things, but couldn't help but like this - it brings out the 'Inner Chav' in me:

Maybe the owner of this beauty was after a bit more rear traction?

Anyway - The action was hotting up on the track so it was time to head back to the stands to take our seats (still don't know why it's called the stands?) and catch up with the racing:

We were not disappointed, the drivers were really going for it!

One maybe wishes now that he wasn't going for it as much as he was though...A spectaular spin off and crash into the sidewall:

Thankfully he walked away, but the racing was halted while the officials cleared the debris:

During the Lunch Break, it was time for the teams to do a bit of 'Tinkering' with their cars:

Although 'Team Pyro' seemed to have it all cool & collected under cover:

After lunch, the racing continued...MG's consisted of two classes - The MG B&F's and also the MG ZR's (and an S) with both of them displaying some brave performances (thankfully without incident this time)

Although...there was one little hiccup - (Warning - video is approx. 70MB)
http://1drv.ms/1juDPhm
(Edit: Struggling adding Video?)

I could waffle on all day here, but I'll sum up with a massive "Thank you" to those that came for such a great day out.
Here's looking forward to the next one!

Ianburrows
Model of Car: Mgf vvc

Post by Ianburrows » Mon May 19, 2014 1:36 pm

Rich just like to say thankyou ! For posting your photos of saturdays track action , they are superb and as you have stated thankyou to all whome attended our little gathering ive, posted the date for the next bout of motorsport action at oulton on the 31st of may if any members are up for it we can do it all again and have a meet your support will be very welcome .

c13amb
Model of Car: MGTF 135

Post by c13amb » Tue May 20, 2014 1:28 pm

Really good pics...especially the F's racing in to Lodge!!
Sorry you didnt see me if you look at the pic with the Evo in it I am sitting with my back to you with my wife and dad in the group of three up the top of the grass ridge.I must of been to engrossed in something else as i genuinely never saw anyone around my car!!
My cars..MY04 '54 MGTF135 in Yas Marina Blue!!!

MY13'63 AUDI Q7 S-LINE 3Ltr. In ibis white!!!