17th Aug - The "I didnt register on the Snowdon Run" lunch!

North Wales, Cheshire & the Wirral

Moderator: redbeard57

sniperpenguin
MGF Register Region: East Midlands
Model of Car: TF 135

17th Aug - The "I didnt register on the Snowdon Run" lunch!

Post by sniperpenguin » Wed Aug 06, 2014 12:44 pm

As titled really....

With the MGOC starting the run in Llandudno, there is a prime opportunity for some of us to meet in Llandudno for a natter and lunch after having a wander along the beach admiring all the MG cars.

Whilst there are places that do better food, the bell hotel is a good choice as it is very close to the coast (5min) with a good-sized car park. A fall-back option would be the local Wetherspoons / Cottage Loaf (they share a pay car park opposite) but there is no guarantee of space.

Anyone interested? Likely looking at around 1pm for the lunch. Failing that we can all invade Costa :lol:
'53 MGTF 135 Monogram Lagoon
'54 MGTF 115 Monogram Biomorphic (Work in Progress!)
Coloured seatbelts here - http://www.facebook.com/mgbelts

David Dixon
MGF Register Region: North West
Model of Car: MGTF 135

Re: 17th Aug - The "I didnt register on the Snowdon Run" lun

Post by David Dixon » Wed Aug 06, 2014 2:20 pm

Grand idea but still not sure about how that particular day is panning out for me - hence why I didn't register for the run. On thing that occurs to me is, aren't the MG's leaving the Prom quite early in the day so quite a bit of time between then and lunch. What about doing a 'Kaffenback' but obviously would have to be in the opposite direction from the Snowden run.

Incidentally I have been pondering a 'Kaffenback' suggestion for North Wales, North West area and possibly North Midlands to Tattenhall, south of Chester. Would be on a Saturday morning as cafe only opens then at the weekend (I would want to check also that it is OK with them) nice village to wander around, shops, pubs as well, newly installed WW 1 'War Horse' memorial. Some good parking at back of chemists off the High Street. As a possible ad on could drive over to Demon Tweeks superstore near Wrexham, subject that to being OK with them.

sniperpenguin
MGF Register Region: East Midlands
Model of Car: TF 135

Re: 17th Aug - The "I didnt register on the Snowdon Run" lun

Post by sniperpenguin » Wed Aug 06, 2014 5:19 pm

Bosworthian wrote:Grand idea but still not sure about how that particular day is panning out for me - hence why I didn't register for the run. On thing that occurs to me is, aren't the MG's leaving the Prom quite early in the day so quite a bit of time between then and lunch. What about doing a 'Kaffenback' but obviously would have to be in the opposite direction from the Snowden run.

Incidentally I have been pondering a 'Kaffenback' suggestion for North Wales, North West area and possibly North Midlands to Tattenhall, south of Chester. Would be on a Saturday morning as cafe only opens then at the weekend (I would want to check also that it is OK with them) nice village to wander around, shops, pubs as well, newly installed WW 1 'War Horse' memorial. Some good parking at back of chemists off the High Street. As a possible ad on could drive over to Demon Tweeks superstore near Wrexham, subject that to being OK with them.
Well, hopefully you can make it.... We can always turn it into a brunch ;)

I did consider the Kaffenback style event (It is getting harder with me in North Wales less and less) but I found that the further East I proposed, the longer a drive it was for those west of say, Bangor etc...

The Petrolheads cafe meet didnt gain in popularity (which is a shame, as the Owner loves cars and is modelling it on the A1 cafe) as it was off the beaten track. People deciding to eat *before* turning up at a cafe didnt help either :lol:
'53 MGTF 135 Monogram Lagoon
'54 MGTF 115 Monogram Biomorphic (Work in Progress!)
Coloured seatbelts here - http://www.facebook.com/mgbelts