Amazing drives on North Wales Roads

North Wales, Cheshire & the Wirral

Moderator: redbeard57

Anthracite
MGF Register Region: North Wales
Model of Car: 2000 MGF 1.8mpi

Amazing drives on North Wales Roads

Post by Anthracite » Wed Feb 15, 2012 1:05 am

It was midnight, a bit chilly, and I had the roof down, hat on and tunes blaring. I've never smiled so much driving a car. My Mgf certainly makes me smile, and the amazing country roads round North Wales are dead at night, fantastic for the Fs great handling :)

Helsbyman
MGF Register Region: North West
Model of Car: MGTF V V C

Re: Amazing drives on North Wales Roads

Post by Helsbyman » Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:25 am

It's a long time since I have done that, but if the night is not too cold there are as you say some great roads
How about a night drive THE VAMPIRE RUN :twisted: :evil:
Bilstein dampers, 4-2-1 manifold, Head work by Sabre,stainless steel under floor pipes, MGMAINA moded alternator bracket,silicon hoses, Torque tamer, JAYLAD servo bracket, Pro race 1.2 wheels
PETROL BY SHELL :D

Anthracite

Post by Anthracite » Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:57 am

One thing I do need though is some new headlight bulbs. I think I've got candles at the moment.

artful.codger
Model of Car: MGZR 105+ + 04 TF135

Post by artful.codger » Wed Feb 15, 2012 1:17 pm

When I bought my F the headlights were terrible, so much so that I hated using it at night. Adjusting the aim didn't seem to improve things but on closer inspection the headlight adjusters weren't working correctly. They are a sort of ball and socket affair with a ball on the end of the nylon adjuster bolt which clips into the headlight. Mine had come out of the socket and therefore not pulling the headlight into position. Easy fix, much to my delight as I thought I was going to need new headlights. :o
--
Regards,
Rick.
1996 F 1.8 MPi & 2004 TF 135

sniperpenguin
MGF Register Region: East Midlands
Model of Car: TF 135

Post by sniperpenguin » Wed Feb 15, 2012 1:52 pm

F headlights do get a bit of a slating across the board, and the abolition of HIDs as an aftermarket option is only going to make things harder.

You can get them re-chromed, but costs are similar to a replacement unit.

P.S - Llandudno coast at night is a top drive, especially along the Rhos / Colwyn prom :)
'53 MGTF 135 Monogram Lagoon
'54 MGTF 115 Monogram Biomorphic (Work in Progress!)
Coloured seatbelts here - http://www.facebook.com/mgbelts

Anthracite

Post by Anthracite » Wed Feb 15, 2012 2:16 pm

Ah well I think one of my ball sockets has snapped :s. oh and Sniper, I was on the proper welsh roads last night, penrhyndeudraeth, through Blaenau Ffestiniog up to colwyn bay. Was a bit windy on the tops by Blaenau tho. The Llandudno to old colwyn prom drive is more of a relaxing drive :)

ROVER-25X

Post by ROVER-25X » Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:23 am

Anthracite wrote:One thing I do need though is some new headlight bulbs. I think I've got candles at the moment.
artful.codger wrote:When I bought my F the headlights were terrible, so much so that I hated using it at night. :o
sniperpenguin wrote:F headlights do get a bit of a slating across the board, and the abolition of HIDs as an aftermarket option is only going to make things harder.

You can get them re-chromed, but costs are similar to a replacement unit.

Indeed, I did solve this problem with HID's but not a conventional bulb kit but with a HID Projector Kit, they have a level beam cut off line and don't glare oncoming drivers, there not tested with an MOT yet but should be in a couple of months, I recon if I fit a headlamp washer kit I might get away with it. :thumbsu:

sniperpenguin wrote:Llandudno coast at night is a top drive, especially along the Rhos / Colwyn prom :)

You knows it mate, done that run a few times myself when petrol was cheaper lol, we defo need to get somthing off the ground. :D