The area north and east of the county.

Moderator: Yorkshire Shrimper

Yorkshire Shrimper
Regional Rep
MGF Register Region: Yorkshire

2014 Natters and events

Post by Yorkshire Shrimper » Sat Dec 07, 2013 6:43 pm

1) Christmas/New Year Run

We have been invited to join South Yorkshire on the Chilly Willy Run on 1 January. They will be leaving from Bank View Cafe, Langsett (S36 4GY) at around 11:00. (Earlier if you want Food & Drink)

The run is 65 miles, finishing at the Phoenix Inn. (S12 3XF)

If you would like to attend, can you Pete know if you fancy food at the Phoenix, as they need to advise them of how many people will attend. Menus will be distributed later in December, so meals can be pre-Ordered, to save time on the day. his email adderess is Petemgcc@msn.com

2) Christmas Lunch - 11 January 2014

We have 12 people booked in for this event at the Anchor Inn, Whixley, starting at 12.00. The cost is £8.95 for the carvery and an additional £3.50 if you want a dessert.
If you have not already booked your place can you let me know so we reserve enough places

3) Natters for 2014

February 3rd we will hold the 2nd Yorkshire MGF Register Grand Prix. Can you knock Steven"Vettel" Lane from the winners podium! we have an extended track and electronic timing this year so we have accurate results rather than relying on our eyes for those close finishes

April 7th Gliding, A presentation by Barry Lumb, one of our members, to find out about this amazing sport

June 2nd Pride of Ownership, Who will win our prestigious trophy!

August 4th Potential Barbecue. More details to announced

October 6th to be advised

December 1st Christmas Quiz

4) North York Moors Railway trip.

We would like to do this again this year and will open it up to all MG Groups in Yorkshire, Lincolnshire and Teeside. The date selected is Saturday 17 May 2014 so please put it in your diary now and invite your MG Friends. More details later

5) The Yorkshire MGF Weekend Away Friday 19th September to Monday 22nd September, Cynghordy near Llandovery
Based at Llanerchindda Farm. EVENT CANCELLED - We will be supporting the National MGF Register weekend which is to be held on the same dates

Tim

redtfle500
Model of Car: 2009 MG TF LE500

Re: 2014 Natters and events

Post by redtfle500 » Wed Jan 15, 2014 5:07 pm

Please note that we have decided to move the bi-monthly natters to a new location. We will now be meeting at the Fox and Grapes on the A64 near Leeds. The full address is York Road, Leeds, LS15 4NJ and their website is http://www.thefoxandgrapesleeds.co.uk. We look forward to seeing everyone there from the February meeting.

John Prewer
Model of Car: TF135, TF160

Re: 2014 Natters and events

Post by John Prewer » Fri Jan 30, 2015 9:31 pm

Can you publish the dates of the bi-monthly meeting please?

I'm a long term MG owner who at last has arrived at F/TF ownership with a black 2005 135. I'm busy sorting insurance etc. and getting my everyday car ready to sell as I want the TF to be my regular car and drive only MGs for the first time in over 25 years. It's parked up in Cambridgeshire for a week or two, but I live south of York on the A19 and am keen on attending the meeting.

I ought to say that I tried to start an MGCC York Natter 18 months ago and I might have another go come the summer.