Upcoming Events

The area north and east of the county.

Moderator: Yorkshire Shrimper

Yorkshire Shrimper
Regional Rep
MGF Register Region: Yorkshire

Upcoming Events

Post by Yorkshire Shrimper » Sun May 14, 2017 7:26 pm

Ignore the dates given in SaFeTyFast magazine as I had to write the magazine report and give provisional dates before they were confirmed

So the dates for the forthcoming meetings are

5th June - Pride of ownership at Fox & Grapes

3rd July - A run to the coast. the run will probably start from Clifton Moor, York at about 3.00 and amble across to the coast on back roads finishing up for fish and chips at a restaurant outside Scarborough. It is intended that we will be stopping off at several locations en route for people to be able to join at more convenient times and/or locations as we progress through the evening. We hope to have a draft route/itinerary in place for 5th June and I will circulate more details in due course

17/18 June - The MGF Register are looking for volunteers to man the stand at MGLive. If you are interested they will provide you with discounted tickets at £10 per day or £15 for the weekend.

If you are going to MGLive we are looking for someone to take our regional flag down with them to be displayed. Please let me know if you can take it.

We are still looking for people to join the Autotest team which will be competing on Saturday Morning. Please get back to me as soon as possible if you want to be included

4 June - Don't forget the De Lacy Motor Club meeting that was circulated last time. I am aware that we have a couple of MGF/TF cars already signed up for the event

27 August - The Dales Run. Bookings are being taken now for this superb event organised by North Yorkshire.

9-10 September. We have a few cars going down to the Essex International Event . If you have not already applied please do so and let me know. We are aiming to give you the option of driving down as a group and taking in a place/places of interest on the way. This could be a National Trust House or the Imperial War Museum at Duxford.

Continuing on the theme of great social get togethers, please find below and attached details of a new event that has been circulated by the MGF Register Committee:

MGf Register Christmas Gala Dinner Weekend being held on Saturday 25th to Sunday 26th November 2017 at Cricklade House Hotel, Cricklade, Wiltshire, SN6 6HA
The weekend includes pre-Dinner reception drink, 3-course Black Tie/Evening Dress Gala Dinner, Dancing afterwards to midnight, Full English Breakfast in the morning, full use of all hotel facilities.

Double room - £145.00 (yes, for two people, great value)
Single room - £97.50

We need to have the £50 deposit per room by 15th June, and the balance is due by mid-October.
The hotel has a total of 45 rooms, and we need a good number of bookings for this event to go ahead.

For further info and to book your place, please email Ian at events@mgfregister.org
Here's to a great weekend, Santa might even make an appearance.......

The committee have asked for your feedback on this new event to help them gauge opinion and work out what sort of events you want them to organise in the future. If you can confirm that you have received this email and give me your thoughts it would be very helpful

If you require any further information please contact me

Tim