Cannot start engine

The area north and east of the county.

Moderator: Yorkshire Shrimper

Kitnomad
MGF Register Region: Yorkshire

Cannot start engine

Post by Kitnomad » Mon Jun 27, 2022 5:00 pm

Hi I hope you can tolerate me as not officially having a mgf but the running gear of my kit car is from a k series rover100 engine, subframes, wiring, dash the lot. The kit car is a Nomad and nobody in the Nomad club have done this swap,originally mini.
I am trying to get the car ready for an Mot just finished all external wiring and for some reason the immobiliser has decided to work . So I am now unable to start the car. I have the original fob it has a new battery in . If I turn the ignition key to start dash lights come on as if its going to start but all that happens is horn goes off until I turn key to off cannot shut horn of with fob button..
I have jumped the starter from the battery so i know its OK im 99.9% sure it's the immobiliser that is stopping it start. Have any of you guys gals come across this and been able to resolve.
The kit has the 5AS unit plugged in and the mems is a 101320 1566 4118
What I would really like to do is get rid of the immobiliser either by getting the signal bit out of the mems or an alternative free running mems unit .
It's no good doing any of the normal stuff for recoding the 5as with the mems with the door locking method a.no code b. No door locks . So I'm stuck until I can get the immobiliser by-passed.
Any help would be greatly appreciated. Paul.

Kitnomad
MGF Register Region: Yorkshire

Re: Cannot start engine

Post by Kitnomad » Tue Jun 28, 2022 2:27 pm

I am replying to my own post . Problem solved. By looking through other posts on the forum I found a name which kept cropping up Technoze electronics he does exactly what I'm after a bypass for the immobiliser. So Mems unit winging it's way to him this afternoon and £40 through PayPal sorted. Cheers anybody that has mentioned them.

talkingcars
MGF Register Region: South East
Model of Car: mk1 VVC

Re: Cannot start engine

Post by talkingcars » Sat Jul 02, 2022 1:08 am

Hi and welcome to the forum.

Sorry I didn't see your post before, I would have pointed you to www.technozen-electronics.co.uk

James
Home to black Alfa 159 3.2 V6 Q4, blue MGZR160, green MGF VVC and grey MGF 1.8i, and red MG Maestro T16.

MGF chatting on the Register and at http://www.the-t-bar.com