Re: The Yorkshire Region Inaugural Meeting 5th July 2011

Post by mwrmgf18 » Thu May 26, 2011 2:23 pm

GREAT TO HAVE YOU ON BOARD- any type of event you like best? Michael

Flat Eric
MGF Register Region: Yorkshire

Post by Flat Eric » Thu Jun 02, 2011 7:08 am

Hi Michael,

I enjoy events where we get an opportunity to take run out and about and grab some lunch on the way. Managed to join the North East group last year on the Blackpool and Lakes run which was our first with the register, good way of catching a couple of areas while at the sametime as having a bit of a social. We also have some ideas for some european runs which we would like to have a go at too.

Stuart.

artful.codger
MGF Register Region: North West
Model of Car: MGZR 105+ + 04 TF135

Post by artful.codger » Thu Jun 02, 2011 7:27 am

Flat Eric wrote:
8< Managed to join the North East group last year on the Blackpool and Lakes run 8<

Stuart.
Are you trying to start another War of the Roses? :-) That would have been the North West area group.

And yes, it rained. :-)
--
Regards,
Rick.
1996 F 1.8 MPi & 2004 TF 135

Mart

Post by Mart » Sun Jun 05, 2011 10:03 am

Hi,
thanks for organising the meeting, just one question.

Are you expecting this to be a couples meeting or a load of blokes talking cars, either way I'll be there, its just about do I bring along my wife?

Thanks in advance.

Mart.

Keith Williams
MGF Register Region: Midlands
Model of Car: MGF VVC, Trophy 160

Post by Keith Williams » Mon Jun 06, 2011 8:27 pm

Mart wrote:Hi,
thanks for organising the meeting, just one question.

Are you expecting this to be a couples meeting or a load of blokes talking cars, either way I'll be there, its just about do I bring along my wife?

Thanks in advance.

Mart.
I am sure if it works out like any other natter, there will be a little car talk to start with but plenty of general chat after that which will suit all, so take your wife along. The more the merrier.
1998 MGF VVC, 2001 Trophy 160 & 2013 MG6 GT TSE

J13UTM
Model of Car: 2001 Trophy 160

Post by J13UTM » Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:03 pm

Place sounds fine, bit of a run from Sheffield to leeds too, great!! Might have to book a half day in at work though, but barring any major obstacles count me in
MGF VVC Panther LE
KH Cheetah Bodykit & Splitter, Roversport Spoiler, SP Exhaust, 52mmTB, Custom RamAir Induction Kit, KYB Shocks, AP Racing Clutch, ULW Fly, SS Kit, SS Coolant Pipes, Lots Of Chrome, Electric Roof, LED Lighting, TF Tailights

Flat Eric

Post by Flat Eric » Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:56 pm

artful.codger wrote:
Flat Eric wrote:
8< Managed to join the North East group last year on the Blackpool and Lakes run 8<

Stuart.
Are you trying to start another War of the Roses? :-) That would have been the North West area group.

And yes, it rained. :-)

Ah! spotted the error! Yes it was the North West group who hosted! Thats me in trouble.. but the white flag is out!! :D

tanamana
MGF Register Region: South Coast
Model of Car: TF LE500 - no. 60

Post by tanamana » Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:06 pm

Damn ! Just a week too early for my next trip Up North.
Never mind.
Enjoy yourselves. 8-)
Happiness is a cool car *

internet@mgfregister.org
Twitter - @origato
Facebook - The MGF Register

Jimmie
Model of Car: 1.8i

Post by Jimmie » Tue Jun 21, 2011 1:03 pm

Hi Michael,

I had the pleasure of meeting you on the MGCC Yorkshire Centre's Daffodil at Easter - sorry I didn't email, we had just moved house and was without an internet connection.

I plan on coming to this event, albeit closer to 7:30 than 6:30 due to the commute from work.

I'm sure David will mention it again at tonight's West Yorkshire meeting. :)

Best regards,
James
James
http://www.mgcars.org.uk/mgccsc/
MGF VVC 160 & Rover 200 BRM
*MGCC West Yorkshire Meeting: 3rd Tuesday of the Month - http://www.mgccyorkshire.co.uk/*

vexis
MGF Register Region: Lancashire
Model of Car: TF 135 Jinxy

Post by vexis » Thu Jul 07, 2011 1:43 pm

Good turn out on first meeting.A question I have is,How does the Yorkshire mgf register as an independent register fit in with the Yorkshire centre mgcc. Re events,timetables and specific vehicle interests. My observation of the discussions were , the dates,timings and events, meetings seemed to be fit in round the centres agenda,if this is to be a mgf register in it's own right then surly all events should be decided on an independent basis.? Other wise it would be an extension of the centre and their agenda. Just a question I was intrigued about.

sparky135
MGF Register Region: South Coast
Model of Car: MG TF Spark

Post by sparky135 » Thu Jul 07, 2011 7:37 pm

The MGF Register regions are not intended to compete or divert attention away from the Centres and their associated natters. I like to think that they compliment them by working with and alongside them whilst providing a focus for the F/TF models.

The way a few of our regions work is that we have our own MGF Register regional meet periodically and maybe the odd run or event organised between ourselves. We also support our local natters and indeed the Centre itself. If the F Register regional group is organising a run or event it is good practice to check with the local Centre that it doesn't conflict with one of their events and it may also be an idea to invite the natters/centres along to your event.

The way the regions are run is down to the individual reps and their members (within reason ;) ) but it is not the intention of the MGF Register as a whole to splinter away from the established natters/centre but to allow like minded F/TF owners to meet and exchange advice and technical expertise specific to our chosen model and to form a social network between fellow owners whilst embracing the Centre/natter setup as well.

I've had the pleasure of speaking with some of the established natter leaders and Centre committee members in the process of investigating the setting up of a MGF Region in Yorkshire and I can say in all honesty there are some very helpful and friendly guys up there who are only too willing to help and advise.

I hope that kind of gives you an idea of where the F Register fits in. If you have any further questions feel free to ask. :thumbsu:
John
MGF Register South Coast Regional Rep
south.coast@mgfregister.org
www.scrr.org.uk