yorkshire region

The area north and east of the county.

Moderator: Yorkshire Shrimper

vexis
MGF Register Region: Lancashire
Model of Car: TF 135 Jinxy

yorkshire region

Post by vexis » Thu Oct 06, 2011 11:39 am

There hasnt been any posts on here for ages does this region still exist ,the MGF Register or is the interest more in the Mgcc regionals alone.I thought there would have been more discusions here and feed back from events etc but as yet nothing much has materialsed?
Only a question ??

Keith Williams
MGF Register Region: Midlands
Model of Car: MGF VVC, Trophy 160

Re: yorkshire region

Post by Keith Williams » Thu Oct 06, 2011 11:43 am

There have been a couple of MGF Register regional pub meets which have had a large turn out of cars so slightly unsure why the forum area is so quiet. Try contacting the reps for the area by PM or email direct to see what is planned in the near future.

The Yorkshire Region is our newest and there are plans for a Register main event in Yorkshire for next year.
1998 MGF VVC, 2001 Trophy 160 & 2013 MG6 GT TSE

mal7921
MGF Register Region: Yorkshire

yorkshire region

Post by mal7921 » Thu Oct 06, 2011 11:54 am

That sounds interesting, I'll keep an eye out for information.

I'm surprised by the lack of posts in the Yorkshire forum, especially as I know of 5 MG's near where I live and regularly pass them on my way into work, including my TF, there are 2 TF's and 4 F's within a 2 mile radius of my house! It's not like there are only 2 in Huddersfield or anything like that.

I will have to put some effort into going to one of the pub meetings, so far though they have coincided with Becky working late and no babysitters for the kids :-(

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Flat Eric

Post by Flat Eric » Fri Oct 07, 2011 10:49 pm

I've not been able to attend the pub meetings owing to other register trips and work but have been keeping an eye out for activities but sadly there has been little movement. :(

Are there any other meets in the diary? If not and not wishing to tread on any toes maybe those who are posting could meet for a weekend spin? north Yorkshire is nice this time of year. I know there are rules around numbers etc and there are reps but in the interest of getting the group together it could be an approach??? can the reps shine some light on the situation??? :D

Stu...

redtfle500
Model of Car: 2009 MG TF LE500

Post by redtfle500 » Mon Nov 07, 2011 2:59 pm

Hi - I have only just joined the forum so have not been keeping up with the info, or lack of it, about the Yorkshire region. Because we only got started mid-year many members have older MGs as well as F/TFs and were already committed to events so it was difficult to find dates for any runs etc for this 2011. The next meeting is tonight at Ledsham (large room, no Mercs!) and we are planning a late Christmas meal for January near Leeds. The outline of the national event for next year has been published in Fast Forward and run details will be finalised nearer the time, but Ripon is a great little market town and there are some wonderful routes through the Dales or over to the Moors.

I will raise the issue of keeping a higher profile on the forum this evening and we will be aiming for a full diary of events for 2012, either through regional representation at other events or those we organise ourselves.