car jigging

The area north and east of the county.

Moderator: Yorkshire Shrimper

casperslim
MGF Register Region: Yorkshire

car jigging

Post by casperslim » Fri Jan 27, 2012 4:39 pm

I have been told that my car may need re jigging due to a previous accident, i am just having the tracking and alignment check to confirm the damage.
Anyone know of anywhere decent in the york and surrounding areas which still do this and wont rip me off?!?

talkingcars
MGF Register Region: South East
Model of Car: mk1 VVC

Re: car jigging

Post by talkingcars » Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:13 pm

I'd get several quotes, jigging a convertable is not an easy job and TBH I'd wonder about the subframes moving etc.
Home to black Alfa 159 3.2 V6 Q4, blue MGZR160, green MGF VVC and grey MGF 1.8i, and red MG Maestro T16.

MGF chatting on the Register and at http://www.the-t-bar.com

ontor
MGF Register Region: Yorkshire

Re: car jigging

Post by ontor » Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:55 pm

Have you reason to believe that it’s not a straight car?

The problem with trying to stretch and bend any drop-top is that they are immensely strong and therefore resistant to being stretched or bent. The stiffeners in the car are your best friend when driving it hard into bends and over poor roads as well of course as in a crash but because of this the cars don't lend themselves well to realignment following a prang. They are so stiff because a normal car gets a great deal of its structural strength from its roof. No roof, stiffer body required. (As I’m sure you are aware already)

Ontor