mgtf 13k miles from new

A group for members up in the Lancashire area.

Moderator: Neil Rushton

Marmite the cat
MGF Register Region: North West

mgtf 13k miles from new

Post by Marmite the cat » Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:36 am

Hello, just joined the forum, i wondered if i could put this question out there , my frieds wife has passed away
and he has asked me if i could sell his wifes car for him. its a 2003 year MGTF 1.8 , 1 owner full history in tha metalic oil on water purple colour with a hard top included , the reason i ask the qustion is this car is a bit different ... it only has 13k miles genuine on the clock she never went anywere in it! it was kept in the garage on a battery optimate and hardly moved.
they still have the order form and all the suff when they got it new . how do you value that. ?? thanks for your help in advance
regards Graeme

c13amb
MGF Register Region: North West
Model of Car: MGTF 135

Re: mgtf 13k miles from new

Post by c13amb » Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:50 am

Hi and welcome to the forum..firstly sorry its due to wrotten circumstances that your here.
The car sounds like a smahing buy for a collector..with all original paperwork etc..etc..some pics may help and put it in the for sale section on here as the likes of autotrader are more likely that they wont have a specific buyer looking for your friends TF.
As for price the market is very up and down with prices everywhere! Plus its really the wrong time of year for you to sell..if you can wait a few months the demand will be better :thumbsu:
There are some dealers who would charge very good money for a low mileage car like your friends..some more info regarding coolant isdues being addressed would be helpful too.
Just a start im sure others will be along to advise better than me..good luck with it!
My cars..MY04 '54 MGTF135 in Yas Marina Blue!!!

MY13'63 AUDI Q7 S-LINE 3Ltr. In ibis white!!!

Neil Rushton
MGF Register Region: Lancashire
Model of Car: TF135

Post by Neil Rushton » Sun Dec 10, 2017 1:41 pm

Low mileage cars unfortunately throw up their own set of problems if the tyres are original all four will need changing & any rubber articles like seals/boots etc may have stuck or perished & need replacing can make it expensive?
Fs & TFs need using they don't take to well to standing in garages.
Kawasaki KLX250
Skoda Citigo 75hp!!!
A share in an English Electric Lightning F6 fighter!!!!

talkingcars
MGF Register Region: South East
Model of Car: mk1 VVC

Post by talkingcars » Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:30 pm

Hi and welcome to the forum

Sorry to hear of your friends loss.

http://www.trophycars.co.uk/ would be very interested in the car if your main concern is a quick sale.

James
Home to black Alfa 159 3.2 V6 Q4, blue MGZR160, green MGF VVC and grey MGF 1.8i, and red MG Maestro T16.

MGF chatting on the Register and at http://www.the-t-bar.com