MGFIM 2015 registration is open !!

Europe wide chat.

Moderator: Committee Members

Kasper
MGF Register Region: Europe
Model of Car: MGF vvc

Re: MGFIM 2015 registration is open !!

Post by Kasper » Mon May 18, 2015 9:51 pm

A great thank you to all who made this edition of MGFIM happen. As one of the people who were there at the birth of the concept I cannot say anything else as that MGFIM has developed into a top class event over the years. The huge amount of work was covered by some of the volunteers but they were supported by a large team who all were more then well capable to do their job well. A big BRAVO to all of you! I do hope the organizers of next edition will able to come near this level of quality.

Also a huge thank you to all present. My decision to join was purely based on emotional reasons. Made quickly, was difficult and to be honest after confirming I had my doubts every now and then. After returning home I'm very pleased and I'm convinced I did the right thing. Thank you all who supported!
MGFvvc - 90FVBG - charcoal - you might think it is original - (1996 nr:8204)
MGTF 120 - 57RNJ7 - BRG - every day is an MG day - (2005)
MGC CGT - SJ08DY - tartan red - 1985 restauration fairly original - (1968 nr: 4137)

http://www.MGF.be

adrianclifford
MGF Register Region: Essex
Model of Car: MGTF 80LE

Post by adrianclifford » Mon May 18, 2015 10:00 pm

To explain further as I haven't found the energy to make a report of sorts yet :oops:

A couple of European cars were booked in for servicing and repairs in Steve's garage (British Legends in Southend) on the Thursday into Friday, all repairs were completed on time and cars returned to the hotel and one (Marina's of course) was washed at his place too. On the way one car from Germany snapped it's speedo cable, therefore no power steering as there was no input signal. The vin number was sent to Steve but it was too late to order the part on Thursday evening so Friday morning the car was delivered to the garage by Marina and a spare was located from one of Steve's cars on site. Saturday saw one MGF beak down with an alternator failure, later another F had the same fate but broke down in the middle of a busy roundabout. The next car along was one of the Essex cars and a tow rope was found to get the car to safety with dozens of others offering help. The AA took that to Steve's garage later that evening followed by Steve who replaced the alternator and with the help of his wife Angela returned the car to the hotel and a happy owner at 11pm, we were still in the hotel bar :)

On top of this he was helping out at visit sites and finding time to eat :lol:

He still has one car in the garage as a long standing starting problem re-occurred over the weekend on one of the cars where it didn't want to start on Sunday and it didn't want to go home today either :cry:

That's the way he is, he will always help out and the event would have been poorer without him because of his work for the region, the Register and he was a sponsor of MGFIM too.
Bilstein shocks, Piper 4-2-1 manifold, Daytona, Vader cold-air induction, custom Z and F Stage 2 re-map, Electric boot release, braided hoses, Blue Magnecor leads, Technozen relays, Stage 1 head, BMW Angel Eyes headlights, "MG" puddle lights.

colintf
Committee Member & Regional Rep
MGF Register Region: Devon & Cornwall
Model of Car: MG PA TF160 ZTV8

Post by colintf » Tue May 19, 2015 6:00 am

Kasper wrote:A great thank you to all who made this edition of MGFIM happen. As one of the people who were there at the birth of the concept I cannot say anything else as that MGFIM has developed into a top class event over the years. The huge amount of work was covered by some of the volunteers but they were supported by a large team who all were more then well capable to do their job well. A big BRAVO to all of you! I do hope the organizers of next edition will able to come near this level of quality.

Also a huge thank you to all present. My decision to join was purely based on emotional reasons. Made quickly, was difficult and to be honest after confirming I had my doubts every now and then. After returning home I'm very pleased and I'm convinced I did the right thing. Thank you all who supported!
I am really pleased that you joined us Kasper, and really look forward to seeing you at MGF20 and Kempernrit

Thankyou for joining us at MGFIM :thumbsu:

Colin Murrell
MGF Register International Liaison Rep
MGF Register Regional Rep for Devon & Cornwall and Cotswold Regions
MGCC Z and V8 Registers Reps for V8 ZT'/ZTTs

http://www.two-sixties.com/main.htm http://www.triple-mracing.com/

John Ponting
MGF Register Region: Hertfordshire
Model of Car: MG Motor TF LE500 20

Post by John Ponting » Wed May 20, 2015 1:59 pm

No idea where to post this but - Another enjoyable MG weekend. When the venue was first announced I was a bit concerned - totally without reason. The event went well. The hotel was very good and we were, as a group, looked after by a dedicated member of staff for the entire weekend. The various runs on Saturday and Sunday opened up areas of Essex that I have never seen, inspite of living less than 60 miles from Southend. I bailed out of the event after lunch at the Secret Bunker when I realised that I was only 23 miles from home and decided to forego the afternoon mileage, the return to The Lodge and the farewell meal.. I thanked as many of the team as I could find - most were already out at the afternoon visits or returning to HQ. Well done Essex section and Thanks.