A very sad day indeed

Europe wide chat.

Moderator: Committee Members

Flat Eric
MGF Register Region: Yorkshire

Re: A very sad day indeed

Post by Flat Eric » Wed Feb 18, 2015 7:20 pm

Hi all,

Due to reasons beyond my control I will now not be able to make it over. I am very sad not to be able to make it but will be there in mind and my thoughts will be with everyone.

Take care and safe trip to all those travelling.
Stu....

colintf
Committee Member & Regional Rep
MGF Register Region: Devon & Cornwall
Model of Car: MG PA TF160 ZTV8

Post by colintf » Wed Feb 18, 2015 8:40 pm

Flat Eric wrote:Hi all,

Due to reasons beyond my control I will now not be able to make it over. I am very sad not to be able to make it but will be there in mind and my thoughts will be with everyone.

Take care and safe trip to all those travelling.
Stu....
Sorry to hear this Stu, I know how much you wanted to go

You'll be there in spirit mate 8-)

Colin Murrell
MGF Register International Liaison Rep
MGF Register Regional Rep for Devon & Cornwall and Cotswold Regions
MGCC Z and V8 Registers Reps for V8 ZT'/ZTTs

http://www.two-sixties.com/main.htm http://www.triple-mracing.com/

Mykel
Regional Rep
MGF Register Region: Europe
Model of Car: MG TF Monogram

Post by Mykel » Thu Feb 19, 2015 9:16 pm

What a very sad day it was, but also - what a cordial and special ceremony, well befitting a heartwarming and special woman. There were so many family and friends present that the crematorium could not hold all of them. Also, the procession we had from the mortuary was impressive yet solemn. Many MGs from Holland, Belgium, the UK and Germany paid their tribute to accompany Marion on her last journey.

At the end of the ceremony a text was read, which is also printed in the remembrance card we were given. With Kasper’s permission, I have translated this to share with you all:
Dear Marion,

your personality can be described in a few words: spontaneous, aware, caring, hard working, adventurous, active and ambitious.

Daughter, sister, sister-in-law, friend, colleague, all these roles befitted you well. To Iris, Joyce and Lars you were a dedicated and caring aunt.

31 years together with Kasper, a fabulous team. Mates for life. To Italy in the MG. Kasper at the wheel and you as infallible navigator. Enjoying your free time.

Buying groceries together, quality time whilst washing the dishes, or just chatting the whole day through.

Marion, you loved getting social. Liked to go out dining or to have a little wine. Always enthusiastic to endeavour in nice things. Better not to stay sitting on the bench. Enjoying nature and culture. An eye for detail, Fabriek Magnifique festival three days long.

Cooking was a real hobby and how good you were at it! Many people have enjoyed your “slightly different art of cuisine”. When father Cor turned 80, you prepared a wonderful dinner for the family.

32 years assistant pharmacist. Dedicated to the job and very skillful. Ambitious and with a big passion for your profession.

Organised your fiftieth birthday yourself. Totally in your own style. Nothing standard but something different, you said as usual, and what a great day it was. A super pleasant painting workshop with all the ladies dear to you. And you enjoyed it. The picture on the front page recalls this beautiful day and says more than enough.

When joy is not self-evident anymore, at times your life undesirably takes a different turn. How could we expect that the picture you made during the workshop is now printed on your funeral card.

You as a human being, your personality, will be greatly missed. Nobody can take your place. We cannot even figure out that you are not with us any more, this comes much to soon and unexpected.

Your life was much too short, but long enough to give so very much to others.

Dear Marion, thank you.
MGTF:
2004 TF 135 in Monogram Spectre, black leather, RHD
MGZR:
2001 ZR 160 in Solar Red, LHD, LPG conv
Classic:
1972 MG Midget MkIII RWA in Blaze Red
MGF Register regional rep for Germany -- germany@mgfregister.org

colintf

Post by colintf » Fri Feb 20, 2015 12:59 pm

Mykel wrote:What a very sad day it was, but also - what a cordial and special ceremony, well befitting a heartwarming and special woman. There were so many family and friends present that the crematorium could not hold all of them. Also, the procession we had from the mortuary was impressive yet solemn. Many MGs from Holland, Belgium, the UK and Germany paid their tribute to accompany Marion on her last journey.

At the end of the ceremony a text was read, which is also printed in the remembrance card we were given. With Kasper’s permission, I have translated this to share with you all:
Dear Marion,

your personality can be described in a few words: spontaneous, aware, caring, hard working, adventurous, active and ambitious.

Daughter, sister, sister-in-law, friend, colleague, all these roles befitted you well. To Iris, Joyce and Lars you were a dedicated and caring aunt.

31 years together with Kasper, a fabulous team. Mates for life. To Italy in the MG. Kasper at the wheel and you as infallible navigator. Enjoying your free time.

Buying groceries together, quality time whilst washing the dishes, or just chatting the whole day through.

Marion, you loved getting social. Liked to go out dining or to have a little wine. Always enthusiastic to endeavour in nice things. Better not to stay sitting on the bench. Enjoying nature and culture. An eye for detail, Fabriek Magnifique festival three days long.

Cooking was a real hobby and how good you were at it! Many people have enjoyed your “slightly different art of cuisine”. When father Cor turned 80, you prepared a wonderful dinner for the family.

32 years assistant pharmacist. Dedicated to the job and very skillful. Ambitious and with a big passion for your profession.

Organised your fiftieth birthday yourself. Totally in your own style. Nothing standard but something different, you said as usual, and what a great day it was. A super pleasant painting workshop with all the ladies dear to you. And you enjoyed it. The picture on the front page recalls this beautiful day and says more than enough.

When joy is not self-evident anymore, at times your life undesirably takes a different turn. How could we expect that the picture you made during the workshop is now printed on your funeral card.

You as a human being, your personality, will be greatly missed. Nobody can take your place. We cannot even figure out that you are not with us any more, this comes much to soon and unexpected.

Your life was much too short, but long enough to give so very much to others.

Dear Marion, thank you.

Danke Mykel for the translation. Only just reading this now as I got to bed about 04:00 this morning (I've never known a drive in the uk with so many road closures and accidents :( ) and with hindsight should of stayed there in holland overnight.

A very sad day indeed but despite not understanding it, it was a very special ceremony for a very special person

It was an honour to be there for Marion and Kasper, and to be part of her last journey.

Marion will always be in our thoughts.

Colin Murrell

colintf

Post by colintf » Fri Feb 20, 2015 1:33 pm

On a much happier note, that brown modified F was totally stunning

I would love to have a good proper look around it on a happier day

Does anyone who was there and frequents here know anything about it or have any pics please?
Thanks
Col

Colin Murrell

Steffi
Model of Car: TF 135 2005 BRG

Post by Steffi » Fri Feb 20, 2015 1:46 pm

Unfortunately I didn´t think about pics :-(
It´s really a great looking car. I think Adrian knows some more about the car and I think there are pics on the Belgian forum.
Steffi

MG TF 135 MY 2005, BRG and black leather with seat heating, glas rear window Eibach-springs, 4-pot brake

http://mgf-mgtf-stammtisch-koeln.jimdo.com

colintf

Post by colintf » Fri Feb 20, 2015 2:23 pm

Steffi wrote:Unfortunately I didn´t think about pics :-(
It´s really a great looking car. I think Adrian knows some more about the car and I think there are pics on the Belgian forum.
Danke Steffi

It wasn't a photographing type day yesterday :(

Colin Murrell

Kasper
Model of Car: MGF vvc

Post by Kasper » Fri Feb 20, 2015 10:25 pm

A short sign of appreciation from me to all of you who supported me and our families in this difficult and painful times. Thank you very much! Your support either personally, by post, mail, PM or on one of the fora was overwhelming, heartwarming and very welcome.
I'm convinced Marion's appearance will be remembered by those we met during our trips and events, I do hope I will be able to continue to share her positive approach.

The mentioned car is owned by Remieme on of the active members of MGF.be.
MGFvvc - 90FVBG - charcoal - you might think it is original - (1996 nr:8204)
MGTF 120 - 57RNJ7 - BRG - every day is an MG day - (2005)
MGC CGT - SJ08DY - tartan red - 1985 restauration fairly original - (1968 nr: 4137)

http://www.MGF.be

colintf

Post by colintf » Fri Feb 20, 2015 10:36 pm

Kasper wrote:A short sign of appreciation from me to all of you who supported me and our families in this difficult and painful times. Thank you very much! Your support either personally, by post, mail, PM or on one of the fora was overwhelming, heartwarming and very welcome.
I'm convinced Marion's appearance will be remembered by those we met during our trips and events, I do hope I will be able to continue to share her positive approach.

The mentioned car is owned by Remieme on of the active members of MGF.be.
Marion will always be with us Kasper, in memory and in spirit, and I am sure that you will keep her positive approach.
Looking forward to sharing time with you again hopefully soon Kasper
Thankyou for the link to that stunning brown F.
Stay strong and see you soon
Colin

Colin Murrell

adrianclifford
MGF Register Region: Essex
Model of Car: MGTF 80LE

Post by adrianclifford » Sat Feb 21, 2015 1:28 pm

Colin, I'm sorry you had such a bad journey home after the nice drive there on Thursday morning. As you know I stayed in Veghel having taken Kasper home, I stayed talking to him until nearly midnight. It was lovely to do so, I certainly appreciated it.

My journey back to Dunkerque was faultless but heavy rain and spray all the way. I stopped off at Dave's on the way home as I haven't been to his new house yet, it's just off the M2 coming up from Dover. Rhona made us a lovely dinner and I didn't leave there until nearly ten.

The car was amazing, the last time I saw it, it was BRG so it was a surprise to see it's modifications. Erwin and Aline are such lovely people (and typically Dutch) I have already asked him for details and pictures for a FTF article. Did you notice the Porsche front indicators that flash up and down white and orange ?

I really wanted tpo take pictures too but it wasn't appropriate, I so much wanted to take a picture of the coffin with all it's tributes and flowers but nobody else did so I thought it best not to :(

It's nice to hear that Kasper will be keeping both the F, the TF and the C, he's selling the Alfa.

Seeing all those people, over 150 was amazing, I was knocked out by the amount of people and allowing us to line the cars up in front of the crematorium was such a priviledge.

Thanks to Michael for getting the flowers and yellow ribbons, thanks to Steffi for the black ribbons for the cars aerials, mine will stay there until the end of the season as a mark of respect to Marion and Kasper.

To everybody else that made the journey, Fran & Erik, Inge & Bruno, Erwin, Herbie, Steffi, Michael, Math it's a day we will never forget. It was a priviledge to accompany Marion on her last journey.
Bilstein shocks, Piper 4-2-1 manifold, Daytona, Vader cold-air induction, custom Z and F Stage 2 re-map, Electric boot release, braided hoses, Blue Magnecor leads, Technozen relays, Stage 1 head, BMW Angel Eyes headlights, "MG" puddle lights.

em-gee-efke

Post by em-gee-efke » Sun Feb 22, 2015 9:24 pm

The black ribbon will stay at our F also until the end of season, as a mark of respect to Marion and Kasper.

Dear Marion, it will never be the same without you...