Europe wide chat.

Moderator: Committee Members

colintf
Committee Member & Regional Rep
MGF Register Region: Devon & Cornwall
Model of Car: MG PA TF160 ZTV8

Danke Dieter and welcome Marina & Mykel

Post by colintf » Tue Aug 25, 2015 9:28 pm

At MGF20 our longstanding German F Register Representative Dieter handed over the reins to Mykel.
We thank Dieter for his long term work in that position and welcome Mykel to his new position. Mykel, like Dieter, is a regular user of the forum and very knowledgeable about F's and TFs

We also welcome Marina ( VR 14/30 on here ) to her new role as the French F Register Representative. Many of you will have seen Marina at MG Live and MGF20 in her Vintage Racing TF. Marina and Christian are often attending European events

Please join me in welcoming them to their new positions.

8-)

Colin Murrell
MGF Register International Liaison Rep
MGF Register Regional Rep for Devon & Cornwall and Cotswold Regions
MGCC Z and V8 Registers Reps for V8 ZT'/ZTTs

http://www.two-sixties.com/main.htm http://www.triple-mracing.com/

Herbie
MGF Register Region: Europe
Model of Car: MGF 1.8i

Re: Danke Dieter and welcome Marina & Mykel

Post by Herbie » Tue Aug 25, 2015 9:46 pm

Bienvenue Marina & Willkommen Mykel
I want to wish you good luck and lots of fun with your new positions :D

Also from me many thanks to Dieter, can't just thank you enough tbh :thumbsu:
MGF 1.8i - Nighfire Red (CAQ)
Daytona Backbox - Piper Sports Cat - 52mm TB - TF Steering Rack - TF 80th LE elements - Compliance Washers - Clear Indicators - Assorted Bling

Kasper
Model of Car: MGF vvc

Post by Kasper » Tue Aug 25, 2015 10:05 pm

A huge thank you Dieter for all the good work you did during a huge number of years. From the early years you have been a huge knowledge base and support for many of us. By doing this you helped the international MGF community to team up and grow.

Marina and Michael lots of succes to you to continue and improve the international MGF scene.
MGFvvc - 90FVBG - charcoal - you might think it is original - (1996 nr:8204)
MGTF 120 - 57RNJ7 - BRG - every day is an MG day - (2005)
MGC CGT - SJ08DY - tartan red - 1985 restauration fairly original - (1968 nr: 4137)

http://www.MGF.be

Fast Jan
MGF Register Region: South Wales
Model of Car: Typhoon TF160

Post by Fast Jan » Tue Aug 25, 2015 11:35 pm

From one new rep to another - welcome Marina and Mykel :thumbsu:

adrianclifford
MGF Register Region: Essex
Model of Car: MGTF 80LE

Post by adrianclifford » Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:50 am

They already know I love them all and we have had so many great times with them and will do so for years to come.

Congratulations to you too Jan, I know this is the European section but your appointment sneaked past me, well done and I look forward to returning to your area next year :thumbsu:
Bilstein shocks, Piper 4-2-1 manifold, Daytona, Vader cold-air induction, custom Z and F Stage 2 re-map, Electric boot release, braided hoses, Blue Magnecor leads, Technozen relays, Stage 1 head, BMW Angel Eyes headlights, "MG" puddle lights.

Herbie
Model of Car: MGF 1.8i

Post by Herbie » Fri Aug 28, 2015 2:14 pm

Fast Jan wrote:From one new rep to another - welcome Marina and Mykel :thumbsu:
Yeah, CONGRATS Jan :thumbsu: :D
MGF 1.8i - Nighfire Red (CAQ)
Daytona Backbox - Piper Sports Cat - 52mm TB - TF Steering Rack - TF 80th LE elements - Compliance Washers - Clear Indicators - Assorted Bling

ErikB
Regional Rep
Model of Car: MGF PTP RT-Sport 165

Post by ErikB » Fri Sep 04, 2015 10:21 am

Couldn't agree more with Kapser !!

I also would like to add that Dieter is still Dieter, and interested in MGF/TF's numbers and parts. So that is a big relief as well.

Welcome Marina and Michael !!

Green Squirrel
MGF Register Region: South East
Model of Car: 1996 1.8i

Post by Green Squirrel » Fri Sep 04, 2015 11:33 am

Well done Dieter - just looking up when we first met and it seems it was Treffen #1 in 1999 at Dormagen :thumbsu: We were so much younger then :twisted:

Mykel
Regional Rep
Model of Car: MG TF Monogram

Post by Mykel » Sun Sep 20, 2015 4:55 pm

It took me quite some time to reply and say a big “Danke” to everyone who has welcomed me to my new office. As some of you will be aware, I have had the 4th Niederrhein Tour here over the first weekend in September and the weekend after was blocked with work commitments, but now I’m back again and restored to full functionality! :lol:

It has been a great honour for me to be chosen as the German regional rep for the MGF Register. I see my foremost duty to keep up the good communication between the UK and German legs of the MGF and TF community, be it within the Club or on the freewheeling base at the regional groups. To me, the most important thing about being part of the great family is getting to know each other personally. Therefore, I will post all MG related events going on in Germany here in the European section. Although there will be smaller, local things among them, I don’t think there can be anything to tiny not to stop, should anyone from the UK be going on holiday in that area for instance.

This sharing of event data will also be done the other way round: I have already posted events going on all over Europe on the German forum, but so far for major things only. Now if any of you would like to have people from overseas join a regional event, please just let me know, I’ll be happy to post the information and also help in getting information across any possible language barrier.

Last but not least I say thank you to Dieter for his great work in the past, these are very large shoes for me to put on my tiny feet. We have known each other for years, Dieter has helped me personally with many questions around the F and TF. I think I have learned quite a bit about the cars over the past five years, so now it’s time to return some of the input I’ve had and stand up to this challenge.

Also, I am very happy that Marina is joining us, a Belgian taking over the French representation. This is very important as from my experience the exchange with France leaves rom for improvement. Marina was involved in the planning of the MGFIM in Essex this year and we had four cars from France, which is a very good start.

Again, thanks for your warm welcome and looking forward to meeting you soon in person.
MGTF:
2004 TF 135 in Monogram Spectre, black leather, RHD
MGZR:
2001 ZR 160 in Solar Red, LHD, LPG conv
Classic:
1972 MG Midget MkIII RWA in Blaze Red
MGF Register regional rep for Germany -- germany@mgfregister.org

colintf

Post by colintf » Sun Sep 20, 2015 5:27 pm

We'll said Mykel :thumbsu:

Colin Murrell

VR 14/30
Regional Rep

Post by VR 14/30 » Thu Oct 15, 2015 2:52 pm

Sorry for the delay to give you big thanks to congratulate me for the new position I will have to faced in the coming years !

As Mykel says :" This is very important as from my experience the exchange with France leaves room for improvement."
Your friendly words encourage me to make my best in the future to increase the presence of French in the events out of their beautiful country. And to let them experience the warm friendship of MG's owners of other countries around.

I would not conclude without thanking Dieter for all the help he has given to the MG family and his enormous kindness. I hope to meet you again often, Dear Dieter; for us you are the example to be followed.

Looking forward to meeting you All soon :)
MG'calement,

Marina.

colintf

Post by colintf » Thu Oct 15, 2015 7:44 pm

VR 14/30 wrote:Sorry for the delay to give you big thanks to congratulate me for the new position I will have to faced in the coming years !

As Mykel says :" This is very important as from my experience the exchange with France leaves room for improvement."
Your friendly words encourage me to make my best in the future to increase the presence of French in the events out of their beautiful country. And to let them experience the warm friendship of MG's owners of other countries around.

I would not conclude without thanking Dieter for all the help he has given to the MG family and his enormous kindness. I hope to meet you again often, Dear Dieter; for us you are the example to be followed.

Looking forward to meeting you All soon :)
You will do a great job with our French friends Marina :D

Colin Murrell