Europe wide chat.

Moderator: Committee Members

TimM
Committee Member & Regional Rep
MGF Register Region: South East
Model of Car: MGF VVC MY2000

Speedferries is no more !

Post by TimM » Wed Jan 28, 2009 5:19 pm

Having received an e-mail from a comapny called LD Lines, who have purchased the Speedferries customer database, I rushed over to the Speedferries site and found that ...yes they have gone in to administration. So no more fast crossing from Dover to Boulogne :( which is a shame as I rather enjoyed wallowing about on the catamaran.

This link takes you to the official notice which was posted today

http://www.speedferries.com/

Hopefully none of our members have a crossing booked but it does tell you what to do if you have.

Incidentally LD Lines are offering £24 each way for car plus four and three crossings daily.

Tim Morris
President MGCC MGF Register
FasTForward Editor; Safety Fast columnist; South East Regional Representative

2000 MGF VVC ; 1981 MGBGT LE; 2006 MG ZR

adrianclifford
MGF Register Region: Essex
Model of Car: MGTF 80LE

Re: Speedferries is no more !

Post by adrianclifford » Thu Jan 29, 2009 4:03 pm

Thanks for passing that on Tim, nice team work :thumbsu:

Having used Speedferries a few times, the crossing on the cat was not too bad (except the one where the tray collapsed and I got a tummy full of hot coffee :thumbsd: ) It only takes one hour to cross, let's see if LD Lines are as efficient.

Anybody using them, give us your verdict if you don't mind.
Bilstein shocks, Piper 4-2-1 manifold, Daytona, Vader cold-air induction, custom Z and F Stage 2 re-map, Electric boot release, braided hoses, Blue Magnecor leads, Technozen relays, Stage 1 head, BMW Angel Eyes headlights, "MG" puddle lights.