Europe wide chat.

Moderator: Committee Members

colintf
Committee Member & Regional Rep
MGF Register Region: Devon & Cornwall
Model of Car: MG PA TF160 ZTV8

Bonjour and Bon Annee!

Post by colintf » Thu Jan 03, 2008 3:24 pm

Returned late yesterday form spending New Year in Montreuil-sur-Mer. Scenic route there and back via the Coast road from Calais to Le Touquet. Also visited Arras. 600 mile round trip - loved every minute / mile of it!

I saw a few French F's and ZR's - if any of you reading this (doubtful) remember seeing / hearing a Silver MG ZT 260 (on British plates) then it was probably me!!

8-)
Last edited by colintf on Fri Jan 04, 2008 5:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Colin Murrell
MGF Register International Liaison Rep
MGF Register Regional Rep for Devon & Cornwall and Cotswold Regions
MGCC Z and V8 Registers Reps for V8 ZT'/ZTTs

http://www.two-sixties.com/main.htm http://www.triple-mracing.com/

Geoff.F
MGF Register Region: Midlands

Re: Bonjour and Bon Nouvel!

Post by Geoff.F » Fri Jan 04, 2008 9:09 am

We did a 1600 Mile trip to spend Christmas week in the Swiss Alps. We did not see a single MGF so it looks like that they are all put away for the winter.
Geoff F.

Green Squirrel
MGF Register Region: South East
Model of Car: 1996 1.8i

Post by Green Squirrel » Fri Jan 04, 2008 11:20 am

colintf wrote:Returned late yesterday form spending New Year in Montreuil-sur-Mer. Scenic route there and back via the Coast road from Calais to Le Touquet. Also visited Arras. 600 mile round trip - loved every minute / mile of it!

I saw a few French F's and ZR's - if any of you reading this (doubtful) remember seeing / hearing a Silver MG ZT 260 (on British plates) then it was probably me!!

8-)
This is a lovely route and have done it several times BUT even better is to take the Course Valley one way, a delightful road via forests and the river road. We went to Arras for the Christmas Market but not with the Green Squirrel (MGF) but with our rather large KIA Sorento - holds much more wine!

colintf
Committee Member & Regional Rep
MGF Register Region: Devon & Cornwall
Model of Car: MG PA TF160 ZTV8

Post by colintf » Fri Jan 04, 2008 6:41 pm

Green Squirrel wrote:
colintf wrote:Returned late yesterday form spending New Year in Montreuil-sur-Mer. Scenic route there and back via the Coast road from Calais to Le Touquet. Also visited Arras. 600 mile round trip - loved every minute / mile of it!

8-)
This is a lovely route and have done it several times BUT even better is to take the Course Valley one way, a delightful road via forests and the river road. We went to Arras for the Christmas Market but not with the Green Squirrel (MGF) but with our rather large KIA Sorento - holds much more wine!
guess that depends if you prefer coast roads to forest / river roads! Sounds nice though!
Being a Cornishman 10 minutes from the see, it would be coast roads any day for me ;)

Colin Murrell
MGF Register International Liaison Rep
MGF Register Regional Rep for Devon & Cornwall and Cotswold Regions
MGCC Z and V8 Registers Reps for V8 ZT'/ZTTs

http://www.two-sixties.com/main.htm http://www.triple-mracing.com/

Green Squirrel
MGF Register Region: South East
Model of Car: 1996 1.8i

Re: Bonjour and Bon Annee!

Post by Green Squirrel » Fri Jan 04, 2008 7:01 pm

Get the best of both worlds out one way back the other - circular route :thumbsu: