TF's in America!

MGFs were sold throughout the world - not just in the UK and Europe. This section is for those MG fans!

Moderator: Committee Members

colintf
Committee Member & Regional Rep
MGF Register Region: Devon & Cornwall
Model of Car: MG PA TF160 ZTV8

TF's in America!

Post by colintf » Sat Mar 01, 2008 6:15 pm

Colin Murrell
MGF Register International Liaison Rep
MGF Register Regional Rep for Devon & Cornwall and Cotswold Regions
MGCC Z and V8 Registers Reps for V8 ZT'/ZTTs

http://www.two-sixties.com/main.htm http://www.triple-mracing.com/

verofan
MGF Register Region: United States of America
Model of Car: 1995 non VVC

Re: TF's in America!

Post by verofan » Sun May 09, 2010 5:37 pm

The problem I have run into with this method of importing TF's is that in order to be able to drive the car the limited distance per year one also has to satisfy the EPA and that must be done through a registered importer who is also EPA certified. So far, all the ones I have contacted were less than helpful.

However, my understanding is that there are a couple of TF's in the USA and if anyone on this forum happens to be one of the owners I would very much like to chat with them and find out what company they used to get EPA approval.

Regards,

Brad

adrianclifford
MGF Register Region: Essex
Model of Car: MGTF 80LE

Re: TF's in America!

Post by adrianclifford » Mon May 10, 2010 5:23 pm

I've had this link for some time now, it's nice to know I could import my car if I went to live there, it may help when I drive it across the southern US but that's several years off yet. I wonder if he's got one, I'd love to know.
Bilstein shocks, Piper 4-2-1 manifold, Daytona, Vader cold-air induction, custom Z and F Stage 2 re-map, Electric boot release, braided hoses, Blue Magnecor leads, Technozen relays, Stage 1 head, BMW Angel Eyes headlights, "MG" puddle lights.