Freezing here in Perth WA - 13DegC!

MGFs were sold throughout the world - not just in the UK and Europe. This section is for those MG fans!

Moderator: Committee Members

plrobbo
MGF Register Region: Western Australia
Model of Car: 2004 MGTF 160 LE

Freezing here in Perth WA - 13DegC!

Post by plrobbo » Mon Aug 24, 2009 12:56 am

Thought it about time I said something here. Thought I'd let the rest of you know how cold it is in Perth - YES, a whopping +13DegC! And that's cold! Well for us it is. I've even got the hardtop on - almost permanently. :cry:
Waiting for our summer to arrive - hah, then I'll be complaining of it being too hot. Ah well, when you own an MG with a soft top/hardtop, it's always on again, off again, might buy me an MG with a tin top like a Magnette - looking for a good one actually. A ZB was for sale in Perth recently - in original condition, 43,000 miles, perfect hood lining/leather seats etc but had a small amount of rust in the LHS sill - he wanted $15,000 - Phew! Too much for me.
I've now said too much so will say bye for now.
Cheers Robbo.
Eat your heart out! My car is a MGTF 160 Coupe LE - Monogram Black Olive - one of 30 in the world.

adrianclifford
MGF Register Region: Essex
Model of Car: MGTF 80LE

Re: Freezing here in Perth WA - 13DegC!

Post by adrianclifford » Tue Aug 25, 2009 6:10 pm

Oh poor you, 13 degrees :P

For a change we've got better than that, especially in the south east :thumbsu: , it won't be long before you tell us you're in the 30's again so don't rub it in :(
Bilstein shocks, Piper 4-2-1 manifold, Daytona, Vader cold-air induction, custom Z and F Stage 2 re-map, Electric boot release, braided hoses, Blue Magnecor leads, Technozen relays, Stage 1 head, BMW Angel Eyes headlights, "MG" puddle lights.

John Ponting
MGF Register Region: Hertfordshire
Model of Car: MG Motor TF LE500 20

Post by John Ponting » Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:43 am

that's the 30s that we all drove through on Monday?

plrobbo

Post by plrobbo » Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:21 am

I thought I might get some one in! :lol: I thought 30DegC was a scorcher for you lot Adrian & John? I'm not waiting for our summer I can tell you - gets to 40+! :rant: Goood thing I've got a TF with Airconditioning! Hoods down be buggered! :thumbsd:
Keep MG'ing on though!
Cheers Robbo
Eat your heart out! My car is a MGTF 160 Coupe LE - Monogram Black Olive - one of 30 in the world.

adrianclifford
MGF Register Region: Essex
Model of Car: MGTF 80LE

Post by adrianclifford » Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:16 pm

We've topped 30 in a few European events this year, it's not rare but not usual either, it happens (and the hoods stay down, we're made of stronger stuff :P ).
Bilstein shocks, Piper 4-2-1 manifold, Daytona, Vader cold-air induction, custom Z and F Stage 2 re-map, Electric boot release, braided hoses, Blue Magnecor leads, Technozen relays, Stage 1 head, BMW Angel Eyes headlights, "MG" puddle lights.

plrobbo

Post by plrobbo » Thu Aug 27, 2009 12:50 am

I can see I'm not going to win that argument so I just 'give up'. :cry:

Andrew Regens
Regional Rep
MGF Register Region: Eastern Australia
Model of Car: TF160LE80th #15/1600

Post by Andrew Regens » Sun Aug 30, 2009 8:30 am

Can you send some of that weather over, it was 4.5 this morning and rose to 14, brrrrrrrrrrrrr.
Piper 4-2-1 Manifold, Daytona Back Box, Stage two Remap, Bilstein Shocks, thicker anti roll bars, PG 1 gearbox Caged bearing with type B Ltd Slip Diff. Large rear brake Kit, Toyo R888R Track/road tyres. Half Roll Cage, 4Point Harness.