The First Club Run For the Year

MGFs were sold throughout the world - not just in the UK and Europe. This section is for those MG fans!

Moderator: Committee Members

Andrew Regens
Regional Rep
MGF Register Region: Eastern Australia
Model of Car: TF160LE80th #15/1600

The First Club Run For the Year

Post by Andrew Regens » Sun Jan 06, 2008 7:52 am

Our first event for the year, an EMR ( Early Morning Run ) which started some half hour from my place at 7.00am. With the weather for the past week in the high 30's to 40's Cel I thought of giving it a miss. Well the forcast for today changed to a top of 25, great top down motoring and as I had not given my other MG a run for a long time, I took the Midget. After meeting with MG nuts many who did not know that I owned such a car, we left for a quick 60mile run over various types of road that MG's excell on to a members holiday house where the various BBQ's were set up for us to cook our own breakfasts. After the men inspected Colins new workshop/garage plus bar, this place is to die for, the women the house. A couple of hours later of food and good crack, time to return home by 11.00 am . These EMR's are a good way of having fun and being home early enough so that you you can still do family things as well and not upset SWMBO. I need a leave pass for the next event. :lol:
This will be in two weeks time and is a twilight super sprint at Calder raceway starting at 5.00pm ending under flood lights where the F can be and will be used in anger. :twisted:
Piper 4-2-1 Manifold, Daytona Back Box, Stage two Remap, Bilstein Shocks, thicker anti roll bars, PG 1 gearbox Caged bearing with type B Ltd Slip Diff. Large rear brake Kit, Toyo R888R Track/road tyres. Half Roll Cage, 4Point Harness.

colintf
Committee Member & Regional Rep
MGF Register Region: Devon & Cornwall
Model of Car: MG PA TF160 ZTV8

Re: The First Club Run For the Year

Post by colintf » Sun Jan 06, 2008 6:33 pm

sounds good Andrew!

8-)

Colin Murrell
MGF Register International Liaison Rep
MGF Register Regional Rep for Devon & Cornwall and Cotswold Regions
MGCC Z and V8 Registers Reps for V8 ZT'/ZTTs