Christmas

MGFs were sold throughout the world - not just in the UK and Europe. This section is for those MG fans!

Moderator: Committee Members

Andrew Regens
Regional Rep
MGF Register Region: Eastern Australia
Model of Car: TF160LE80th #15/1600

Christmas

Post by Andrew Regens » Thu Dec 23, 2010 10:52 pm

Happy F motoring to everyone over the holidays, well it is Christmas Eve and have just played 18 holes of golf and it's not even 10.00am! The weather started at 9.5C and as we finished sunshine and 16C. Now it's time to go shopping with the top down................
Piper 4-2-1 Manifold, Daytona Back Box, Stage two Remap, Bilstein Shocks, thicker anti roll bars, PG 1 gearbox Caged bearing with type B Ltd Slip Diff. Large rear brake Kit, Toyo R888R Track/road tyres. Half Roll Cage, 4Point Harness.

Rich in Vancouver
MGF Register Region: Canada

Re: Christmas

Post by Rich in Vancouver » Sun Dec 26, 2010 8:38 pm

Best Christmas Wishes to All!
No snow here on the wet west coast of Canada but we are having more than out share of rain and wind
so it's an indoor Christmas for us.
I'm still waiting for my MGF to ship out of Blighty and with the snow and the holidays everything has ground
to a halt so I will be waiting into January for it to be on it's way. Patience, patience.............. :roll:

Cheers,
Rich

colintf
Committee Member & Regional Rep
MGF Register Region: Devon & Cornwall
Model of Car: MG PA TF160 ZTV8

Post by colintf » Mon Dec 27, 2010 6:15 pm

Happy Christmas everyone!

We've had a white one 8-)

Colin Murrell
MGF Register International Liaison Rep
MGF Register Regional Rep for Devon & Cornwall and Cotswold Regions
MGCC Z and V8 Registers Reps for V8 ZT'/ZTTs

http://www.two-sixties.com/main.htm http://www.triple-mracing.com/

Rich in Vancouver

Post by Rich in Vancouver » Tue Dec 28, 2010 7:44 am

Colin,
That means my F had a white Christmas as well as it's in Weston
waiting for the shipper to pick it up!

Cheers,
Rich

adrianclifford
MGF Register Region: Essex
Model of Car: MGTF 80LE

Post by adrianclifford » Tue Dec 28, 2010 5:24 pm

Let's have some pictures then Rich. it's years since one's been craned off a ferry or is it in a container ? I'd still like to see the pictures though. I've been to Vancouver several times, the drive around the harbour and the sea planes are still in my mind.

Where's it coming in to ?
Bilstein shocks, Piper 4-2-1 manifold, Daytona, Vader cold-air induction, custom Z and F Stage 2 re-map, Electric boot release, braided hoses, Blue Magnecor leads, Technozen relays, Stage 1 head, BMW Angel Eyes headlights, "MG" puddle lights.

Rich in Vancouver

Post by Rich in Vancouver » Wed Dec 29, 2010 3:22 am

I'm afraid that there won't be any dramatic pictures of the MGF swinging on the end of a crane.
The car will be leaving Southampton on a Ro=Ro (roll-on, roll-off) ship and travelling to Halifax
where it will transfer to a rail car for a two week journey across Canada to a rail terminal
a short drive from my home.
Ironically I live less than 10 miles from Canada's west coast auto shipping terminal where all cars arriving from Japan are unloaded.
There is currently an MGF in town enroute from Japan to Newfoundland, in the midst of a similar trip in the opposite direction!

I do intend to take lots of photos once the car arrives. Hopefully I will be able to come up with an article for FastForward on the
import process.
I am hoping to have the car in good enough order to drive it the 1600 miles to Reno Arizona in June to attend MG2011, an every 5 years event put on by the North American Council of MG Registers. Attendance is expected to top 2000 MGs with likely less than a handful of F/TFs.
We'll see how it goes, maybe I can take along an MGF Register banner and some brochures. :D

Cheers,
Rich

adrianclifford
MGF Register Region: Essex
Model of Car: MGTF 80LE

Post by adrianclifford » Wed Dec 29, 2010 7:26 pm

Good idea :D
Bilstein shocks, Piper 4-2-1 manifold, Daytona, Vader cold-air induction, custom Z and F Stage 2 re-map, Electric boot release, braided hoses, Blue Magnecor leads, Technozen relays, Stage 1 head, BMW Angel Eyes headlights, "MG" puddle lights.