Saved... or not...

Any dodgy jokes or funnies should be entered into this forum.
As with the rest of the forum try to keep it family friendly!
Thanks to Boot Hill Bandit for the new name.

Moderator: Committee Members

MGF74
MGF Register Region: Europe

Saved... or not...

Post by MGF74 » Sun Jul 21, 2013 1:07 pm

It's been raining for weeks and the village is flood swept and most buildings are deep under water. The vicar is clinging to the church steeple as the floods continue to rise and engulf the roof.

One of the neighbours comes by in a boat and says, "Jump right in, vicar, I'll take you to dry land!"

But the vicar just replies, "That's ok, the Lord will save me!"

Three hours pass, then a police boat comes and the policemen once again tell the vicar "Get in, sir, we're going to rescue you!"

But the vicar once again just says, "Thanks but that's ok, the Lord will save me!"

That evening, finally a helicopter arrives, and as one of the crew ropes down and reaches his arm out to the vicar, the vicar shouts at him over the helicopter engine's noise, "Thank you, but you don't have to rescue me, the Lord will save me!"

The next morning, the church roof is completely submerged, and the vicar has drowned. He arrives in heaven, and stirring with disappointment, he asks God, "Oh Lord, why didn't you save me??"

But God just says, "What are you talking about?? I sent you two boats and a helicopter!!"
'98 MGF 1.8i MPI (weekend/summer/fun car)
'99 Audi A4 1.8T saloon (daily driver)