Destined to drive an MGF

Any dodgy jokes or funnies should be entered into this forum.
As with the rest of the forum try to keep it family friendly!
Thanks to Boot Hill Bandit for the new name.

Moderator: Committee Members

RobboMC
MGF Register Region: Eastern Australia
Model of Car: 1999 Mpi

Destined to drive an MGF

Post by RobboMC » Wed Feb 22, 2017 5:25 am

If the girl I took to meet my Nanna had agreed to marry me, I would never have married the one that I did. And if I didn’t divorce the one I did marry I would never have met the one I’m with now. And if I had never met her I would never have had 2 extra kids and needed a 7 seat car. And if I had never needed a 7 seat car I would never have had a 6-month fight with an insurance company when it got smashed. And if I had never had a 6-month fight with an insurance company I would never have owned a convertible. And if someone didn’t stick a car in our driveway last night while I was out I would have driven something else to work today. The sun is shining, the sky is blue and I am driving home from work today in an MGF; and if this great long chain of events ( both good and bad ) had not all happened I could not be doing what I am today.

There are no wrong directions, only paths that we do not know we are intended to follow.

However, in an alternative reality, I could have married that girl that I took to meet my Nanna, had an affair with an ex-girlfriend after a school reunion that resulted in twins, had a car accident in Parramatta with a man whose blonde ex-wife was in the car at the time. And bought that blonde lady a box of chocolates when she was in hospital with a broken collar bone; taken her to the F1 races in Dubai and learned she always wanted an MGF. And bought her an MGF as a wedding present after I divorced the girl I took to my Nanna; and had my Ferrari break down last weekend; and so still be driving home from work today in an MGF.

Perhaps we are destined to be doing what we are doing regardless of the choices we think we are making.

Kasper
MGF Register Region: Europe
Model of Car: MGF vvc

Re: Destined to drive an MGF

Post by Kasper » Wed Feb 22, 2017 4:11 pm

:D
So many reasons to take the MG today, and tomorrow too.
(exept from the motorbike I don't have an alternative, it has to be the MG)
MGFvvc - 90FVBG - charcoal - you might think it is original - (1996 nr:8204)
MGTF 120 - 57RNJ7 - BRG - every day is an MG day - (2005)
MGC CGT - SJ08DY - tartan red - 1985 restauration fairly original - (1968 nr: 4137)

http://www.MGF.be