MGF in Brunei - Introduction

New to the MGF Register? Pop in here and introduce yourself, find out what your local region is and view some useful links!

Moderator: Committee Members

DaveInBorneo
MGF Register Region: Asia
Model of Car: MGF 1996

MGF in Brunei - Introduction

Post by DaveInBorneo » Fri Mar 25, 2016 5:16 pm

Hi, I bought my first MG last year. A 1996 MGF in BRG.
I'm an expat in Brunei. Very few MG's in this country. I've only seen one other MGF on the road.
Look forward to learning more about the car and some tips from other owners.
Dave in Borneo :thumbsu:

HFE
MGF Register Region: North East

Re: MGF in Brunei - Introduction

Post by HFE » Mon Mar 28, 2016 8:16 pm

hi welcome this is a great forum i have only been a member a short while and i have a tf i had a few problems lately
and asked for help and the response was great and i got my car sorted out very quickly.
vince

adrianclifford
MGF Register Region: Essex
Model of Car: MGTF 80LE

Post by adrianclifford » Thu Mar 31, 2016 11:45 am

Hi Dave, thank you for your car's details, I would still love to have the body number though, it should be in the boot, as you have an early car, it may be under the UK passenger side floor carpet.

I am confused here, is it Dave in Borneo as your tag says or Dave in Brunei as your thread says ?
Bilstein shocks, Piper 4-2-1 manifold, Daytona, Vader cold-air induction, custom Z and F Stage 2 re-map, Electric boot release, braided hoses, Blue Magnecor leads, Technozen relays, Stage 1 head, BMW Angel Eyes headlights, "MG" puddle lights.

Geoff.F
MGF Register Region: Midlands

Post by Geoff.F » Thu Mar 31, 2016 12:08 pm

adrianclifford wrote:I am confused here, is it Dave in Borneo as your tag says or Dave in Brunei as your thread says ?
Borneo is the Island comprising of Kalimantan (Indonesian), Sabah and Sarawak (Malaysian) and the Sultanate of Brunei.
It was when I spent 3 years in Singapore in the early 80s as a Tech Rep. and it was part of my patch.
Geoff F.

talkingcars
MGF Register Region: South East
Model of Car: mk1 VVC

Post by talkingcars » Fri Apr 01, 2016 8:32 pm

Hi and welcome to the forum.

James
Home to black Alfa 159 3.2 V6 Q4, blue MGZR160, green MGF VVC and grey MGF 1.8i, and red MG Maestro T16.

MGF chatting on the Register and at http://www.the-t-bar.com

DaveInBorneo
MGF Register Region: Asia
Model of Car: MGF 1996

Post by DaveInBorneo » Sun Apr 03, 2016 2:48 am

Yes, I use the tag DaveInBorneo because a lot of people don't have a clue where Brunei is. Borneo is a huge island, Brunei is a tiny country, a sultanate with rich reserves of oil. Hence petrol here is still only 50c per litre and diesel even cheaper.