Hello

New to the MGF Register? Pop in here and introduce yourself, find out what your local region is and view some useful links!

Moderator: Committee Members

robracemarshal
MGF Register Region: East Anglia
Model of Car: VVC

Hello

Post by robracemarshal » Thu Jan 05, 2017 1:49 pm

Just wanted to post a short note to say Hello.

Am based in Suffolk and am very happily returning to MGF ownership having been forced to sell last one in 2011 (job loss).

I have just purchased this MK2 VVC and am very happy with it, bought at a very reasonable price due to poor advert, (rubbish photos and not cleaned and only 3 line of text about the car) on ebay and being willing to travel to collect. It came with loads more history than advertised and extras such as wind deflector and tonneau cover!

It has had a full wheels off service, I have reconditioned the roof, replaced wipers for race spec ones (they last longer), replaced bulbs, replaced heater dials and fixed the clock. Next is treat rust or replace the front wing and recondition the leather seats, recondition the alloys, but other than that it is super. Want it ready for trip to the WEC race at Spa in Belgium in May and MG Live in the summer.

I am already looking for another one that I might use as trackday/sprint car later in the year!

I (with the car) will be at a number of motorsports events this year (as a marshal - it really is the best way to enjoy motorsport!) at Silverstone and Snetterton and look forward to meeting other members!

Rob
Attachments
864.JPG
863.JPG
860.JPG
859.JPG
"Le Mans is for life, not just 24hrs in June"

nigelandjo
Committee Member & Regional Rep
MGF Register Region: Somerset & Dorset
Model of Car: TF85th,TF135,Trophy

Re: Hello

Post by nigelandjo » Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:17 pm

Hello and welcome.
Nigel May
Vice Chairman, Somerset & Dorset Regional Rep, Membership Secretary, Registrar & Archivist
Email: somerset.dorset@mgfregister.org
members@mgfregister.org

MGCC Members register here: https://mgfregister.org/?page_id=319

daz
MGF Register Region: Midlands
Model of Car: mg less :(

Post by daz » Thu Jan 05, 2017 10:04 pm

Welcome, lovely looking F

talkingcars
MGF Register Region: South East
Model of Car: mk1 VVC

Post by talkingcars » Thu Jan 05, 2017 10:12 pm

Hi and welcome to the forum.

James
Home to black Alfa 159 3.2 V6 Q4, blue MGZR160, green MGF VVC and grey MGF 1.8i, and red MG Maestro T16.

MGF chatting on the Register and at http://www.the-t-bar.com