New MGF

New to the MGF Register? Pop in here and introduce yourself, find out what your local region is and view some useful links!

Moderator: Committee Members

Whiteknight72
MGF Register Region: Yorkshire

New MGF

Post by Whiteknight72 » Sat Apr 29, 2017 7:26 pm

Greetings All
My first car was an MG Midget which my dad and I did up it was a 1972 year and we had it from 1989-94, at which point I bought an Audi Quattro. My dad bought an MGF in 1996, unfortunately it was a bit of a Friday afternoon car, as some of the early cars were. So much so that MG offered my dad a free new one after 18months ownership, which he accepted. He kept that car until 2004. I used the original MGF to drive to my wedding in 1997.
I always kept a soft spot for MG's and then last week I decided to dive back into the club and bought a 1998 Nightfire red 1.8i MGF, with a view to "doing it up" with the intention of keeping it long term and using it to teach my daughter to drive in 2 years time and as a first car, and that ladies and gentlemen is full circle for my family and MG's.
I intend to complete a college evening course on body work and painting as this is the cars weakest area although in fairness even that's not bad.
Thanks for taking the time to read my ramblings, and long live MG..........

nigelandjo
Committee Member & Regional Rep
MGF Register Region: Somerset & Dorset
Model of Car: TF85th,TF135,Trophy

Re: New MGF

Post by nigelandjo » Sat Apr 29, 2017 10:08 pm

Hello and welcome to the Forum.
Nigel May
Vice Chairman, Somerset & Dorset Regional Rep, Membership Secretary, Registrar & Archivist
Email: somerset.dorset@mgfregister.org
members@mgfregister.org

MGCC Members register here: https://mgfregister.org/?page_id=319

talkingcars
MGF Register Region: South East
Model of Car: mk1 VVC

Post by talkingcars » Sat Apr 29, 2017 10:49 pm

Hi and welcome (back)

There is plenty of info about repairing, maintaining and upgrading the F.

We have a project F that is a father and son project for my lad if ever he pulls his finger out and takes his test, he's only 24!

James
Home to black Alfa 159 3.2 V6 Q4, blue MGZR160, green MGF VVC and grey MGF 1.8i, and red MG Maestro T16.

MGF chatting on the Register and at http://www.the-t-bar.com

Yorkshire Shrimper
Regional Rep
MGF Register Region: Yorkshire

Post by Yorkshire Shrimper » Fri Jun 23, 2017 12:07 am

Welcome Whiteknight72. I hope that we will meet you at one of our Natters soon. Full details of the next event on 3 July on the Yorkshire section of the website

Tim