Hello from Gloucestershire

New to the MGF Register? Pop in here and introduce yourself, find out what your local region is and view some useful links!

Moderator: Committee Members

hammond
MGF Register Region: Cotswolds
Model of Car: VVC Freestyle

Re: Hello from Gloucestershire

Post by hammond » Thu Jul 06, 2017 11:59 pm

Yeah Sundays are always better for me. Didn't see the other post but will look now.
Is our proposed meet going to be in Cirencester or close vicinity to it?

RSR92
Model of Car: MGF 1.8MPi MY2000

Post by RSR92 » Tue Jul 11, 2017 1:50 pm

Brill well I can manage a Sunday I'm sure and yeah somewhere in the vicinity of, I'm not all to familiar with the area so if anyone knows a good haunt feel free to shout it out
X-Reg MGF 1.8MPi in LQW: Trophy 160 Airbox, Citroen Washer Jets, Japanparts Dampers, 52mm T/B and Alloy Inlet Manifold
Pending: Replace Cat and B/B, Performance Filter element, Cold air feed from N/s vent

RSR92

Post by RSR92 » Fri Jul 28, 2017 3:21 pm

Hello, are you both still interested in doing something down Cirencester way sometime soon? Maybe a week Sunday?
Anyone within driving distance will be welcome of course should you wish to come regardless of your register region
X-Reg MGF 1.8MPi in LQW: Trophy 160 Airbox, Citroen Washer Jets, Japanparts Dampers, 52mm T/B and Alloy Inlet Manifold
Pending: Replace Cat and B/B, Performance Filter element, Cold air feed from N/s vent

Countax

Post by Countax » Tue Aug 01, 2017 8:17 am

One option you guys might like to consider is meeting at the Motor Hub on Sunday morning this weekend.
The Hub is a meeting point for people interested in classic cars and is located on the old WWII airfield at Ablington near Bibury. The airfield is on the back road between Ablington/Bibury and Northleach.
They open to the public on the first Sunday morning of the month during the summer and usually more than 100 cars turn up with the value of cars being in the many millions of pounds worth. The place is laid out with seating and coffee stalls and you get to look around their showrooms full of very expensive classics as well as people watch.
More info here: www.cotswoldcars.com/
I plan to be there in my MGF which unfortunately brings the average value of the car park down!
Nigel

RSR92

Post by RSR92 » Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:16 am

Unfortunately I probably won't make it to that event however I am planning to go to the castle Coombe stoke association day as well as perhaps to GWSR event in September on the Oxfordshire MGOC event listing! Although the prospect of some very high class cars may sway my decision!

matt_b
Model of Car: MG TF Cool Blue

Post by matt_b » Thu Aug 03, 2017 10:20 am

Unfortunately I'm not free this weekend. It's a little way off, but the Autumn Classic at Castle Combe is a good event (Sat October 7th).

colintf
Committee Member & Regional Rep
MGF Register Region: Devon & Cornwall
Model of Car: MG PA TF160 ZTV8

Post by colintf » Thu Aug 03, 2017 10:59 am

matt_b wrote:Unfortunately I'm not free this weekend. It's a little way off, but the Autumn Classic at Castle Combe is a good event (Sat October 7th).
Indeed the Autumn Classic at Combe is a great event :)

Colin Murrell
MGF Register International Liaison Rep
MGF Register Regional Rep for Devon & Cornwall and Cotswold Regions
MGCC Z and V8 Registers Reps for V8 ZT'/ZTTs

http://www.two-sixties.com/main.htm http://www.triple-mracing.com/

hammond

Post by hammond » Thu Aug 10, 2017 11:29 pm

Sorry guys been on holiday for a couple of weeks and busy catching up at work. Will try and keep up now :thumbsu:

(I've subscribed to this topic now so should see new messages)
Last edited by hammond on Thu Aug 10, 2017 11:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hammond

Post by hammond » Thu Aug 10, 2017 11:29 pm

RSR92 wrote:Hello, are you both still interested in doing something down Cirencester way sometime soon? Maybe a week Sunday?
Anyone within driving distance will be welcome of course should you wish to come regardless of your register region
If I don't go to Roverfest this Sunday then I could meet up if people are up for it?