New member from Berkshire

New to the MGF Register? Pop in here and introduce yourself, find out what your local region is and view some useful links!

Moderator: Committee Members

janelilley
MGF Register Region: Thames Valley
Model of Car: MGTF 135

New member from Berkshire

Post by janelilley » Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:26 pm

Hi from a new member and new owner.
I have just purchased a 2006 TF which I guess makes it one of the last of the Longbridge cars.
It was an 'if you can't beat them, join them' moment as my husband has an MGB GT Jubilee from '74 and I spent so many days wandering around looking at the various incarnations of MGs at shows and events that I eventually decided to dive in myself. After a fruitless search for a decent stepspeed, I gave up and bought a 135 from an owner who had the car from new, and have spent the last 2 months obsessing over it - I have never washed a car so much in such a short space of time.
I have learned several things since purchasing it, having replaced the rather boring plain black seats with some leather and alcantara ones - I learned that I know more swear words than I realised. Replacing the rear lights for the snazzy Lexus style ones, I learned to check the bulbs are actually in there before installing them and finally, that my mini Batgirl soft toy is way cooler than the ubiquitous meerkat or sloth on offer from the MGOC.
So now I am looking forward to taking mine to said events as well - we are going to be the Howard and Hilda of MG shows up and down the country!
:D
MG TF 135
Mini Cooper Countryman
plus an occasional drive of hubby's MGB GT Jubilee

nigelandjo
Committee Member & Regional Rep
MGF Register Region: Somerset & Dorset
Model of Car: TF85th,TF135,Trophy

Re: New member from Berkshire

Post by nigelandjo » Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:35 pm

Hello and welcome to the MGF Register. Nice combination of MG's you and your husband have.
Nigel May
Vice Chairman, Somerset & Dorset Regional Rep, Membership Secretary, Registrar & Archivist
Email: somerset.dorset@mgfregister.org
members@mgfregister.org

MGCC Members register here: https://mgfregister.org/?page_id=319

Keith Williams
MGF Register Region: Midlands
Model of Car: MGF VVC, Trophy 160

Post by Keith Williams » Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:36 pm

Welcome to the MGF Register forum :-)
1998 MGF VVC, 2001 Trophy 160 & 2013 MG6 GT TSE

Bazzajay
MGF Register Region: South Coast
Model of Car: Wedgwood SE 1800i

Post by Bazzajay » Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:43 pm

Hi Jane, a very warm welcome to the Forum. You'll find plenty of encouragement, support and assistance here. It seems that you are really getting-in to TF ownership with the things you have already done to your car.

I know Slough, well sort of, I used to visit a friend there in the early '70s, and subsequently bought his 1963 Midget, but that's another story.
Barrie

2000 MGF Wedgwood SE 1800i
2002 Peugeot Partner Quiksilver