Hello.

New to the MGF Register? Pop in here and introduce yourself, find out what your local region is and view some useful links!

Moderator: Committee Members

Daveyboyz
MGF Register Region: South East

Hello.

Post by Daveyboyz » Mon Feb 08, 2021 6:56 pm

Not sure if I was ever a member here. I bought my MGF back in 2004 but had her parked up for the last five years as I was driving a fiat coupe 20vt, thats a hell of a car but due to poor self control I figured it was going to cost me my driving licence and since it was starting to require some work I thought I would lose my money servicing the MGF instead.

Rough luck racing sorted me out with new belts and rubber ect after I was quoted a silly price elsewhere (and charged labour merely for giving me the silly quote) i have the car back now and plan to do a bit more to her.

She has an extensive list of things done already so not much more to do but things I have in mind include switching out the airbox for a trophy airbox that U have in the garage (chopping out the resonator box was something I couldn't face before) I have the metal brace pieces from a tf that go in the engine area and under the front subframe (will I have to change the sub frame mounting brackets?)

The car needs a bit of paint too... doesn't look as bad as I remember but I filled in the rear lights around some LED jobbies and probably will get the whole thing done.

Anyway its a bit cold for all that now. I just sorted the sound system, fixed a brocken clip under the bonnet and fitted a new binnacle so thats enough for now.

nigelandjo
Committee Member & Regional Rep
MGF Register Region: Somerset & Dorset
Model of Car: TF85th,TF135,Trophy

Re: Hello.

Post by nigelandjo » Mon Feb 08, 2021 10:07 pm

Welcome to the MGF Register Forum.
Nigel May
Somerset & Dorset Regional Rep, Membership Secretary, Registrar & Archivist
Email: somerset.dorset@mgfregister.org
members@mgfregister.org

MGCC Members register here: https://mgfregister.org/?page_id=319