Hello and any Recommendations...

New to the MGF Register? Pop in here and introduce yourself, find out what your local region is and view some useful links!

Moderator: Committee Members

neilpinleeds
MGF Register Region: Yorkshire

Hello and any Recommendations...

Post by neilpinleeds » Mon Apr 19, 2021 2:32 pm

Hello

I've finally fulfilled a bit of a dream and will be picking up my 2004 MGF 1.8 on Friday. It's a low miler (43k) but has had a fair bit of work done over the years, including a new galvanized rear subframe.

My previous and current classics (Lancia Beta Coupe) have always been largely self maintained, but the TF might be a bit beyond my basic spannering skills. So any recommendations for garages/mechanics in the West Yorkshire area? The garage I use in Shipley only change belts on my Lancia after a bit of an intake of breath, so not sure what they'd make of the TF.......

Neil

talkingcars
MGF Register Region: South East
Model of Car: mk1 VVC

Re: Hello and any Recommendations...

Post by talkingcars » Mon Apr 19, 2021 10:02 pm

Hi and welcome to the forum

If you can cope with a Lancia the TF won't be a challenge.
There is a wealth of how to guides on the internet and you can even buy the original MG/Rover workshop manual.

James
Home to black Alfa 159 3.2 V6 Q4, blue MGZR160, green MGF VVC and grey MGF 1.8i, and red MG Maestro T16.

MGF chatting on the Register and at http://www.the-t-bar.com

talkingcars
MGF Register Region: South East
Model of Car: mk1 VVC

Re: Hello and any Recommendations...

Post by talkingcars » Mon Apr 19, 2021 10:04 pm

And on the subject of garages, there are several very good mobile mechanics who will come to you and can do most jobs in your own driveway.

James
Home to black Alfa 159 3.2 V6 Q4, blue MGZR160, green MGF VVC and grey MGF 1.8i, and red MG Maestro T16.

MGF chatting on the Register and at http://www.the-t-bar.com