Hello

New to the MGF Register? Pop in here and introduce yourself, find out what your local region is and view some useful links!

Moderator: Committee Members

jonno0505
MGF Register Region: South East

Hello

Post by jonno0505 » Sat Aug 26, 2023 4:46 pm

Hi from Chatham. I have taken on a 2002 TF 135 from a mate who had it stood in his garden for a couple of years . I aim to bring it back to a usable car again , the engine runs very nicely with 93000 miles showing & appears to be well maintained & serviced , the head gasket has been changed & stainless steel rad pipes fitted . The bodywork is very good with no sill problems . Its the interior that need sorting the seats & door cards need replacing & the roof needs repair or replace . I have wire brushed the underside & treated with Lanogaurd . Just sort out the brakes & change exhaust & see what happens with MOT to hopefully have a running restoration . Will be looking soon for some interior parts Jonno

nigelandjo
Committee Member & Regional Rep
MGF Register Region: Somerset & Dorset
Model of Car: TF85th,TF135,Trophy

Re: Hello

Post by nigelandjo » Sat Aug 26, 2023 9:26 pm

Hello and welcome to the MGF Register Forum.
Nigel May
Somerset & Dorset Regional Rep, Membership Secretary, Registrar & Archivist
Email: somerset.dorset@mgfregister.org
members@mgfregister.org

MGCC Members register here: https://mgfregister.org/?page_id=319

Notanumber
MGF Register Region: South East
Model of Car: TF 135 Sunstorm

Re: Hello

Post by Notanumber » Fri Sep 08, 2023 9:55 pm

What will you need to do to the interior. Is it just the drivers seat fabric that needs replacing or is the passenger seat in a bad way too ? I thought I'd need to find a good 2nd hand pair of seats for my 115 at first but i was lucky to find a replacement cover for the drivers side back and the all the rest came up fine with a good clean.

The seat base on my 135 had sagged but this just needed a new diaphram to get it back to fully supportive.

Refitting a new soft top to an existing frame takes a bit of work but if you swap the whole thing including the frame then it's easily done in 20 mins with 2 people,
: only 4 bolts to undo and do up.