greetings to all

New to the MGF Register? Pop in here and introduce yourself, find out what your local region is and view some useful links!

Moderator: Committee Members

R+P MGF
MGF Register Region: East Anglia
Model of Car: 97 MGF VVC

greetings to all

Post by R+P MGF » Wed Apr 21, 2010 3:02 pm

Just thought i'd drop a note in to say hi after just picking up our little 97 MGF VVC.I picked this up after a few beers and then going on ebay(never a good idea).thought it would be a good laugh in the summer when not out on the bike.it's in gunmetal grey with full red leather.
it was an MOT failure with a few issues which i'll be fixing.mainly discs,pads,handbrake and lower front arms.One of the things it did fail on was insufficiant screen washer fluid on screen.easy fix really.I filled up the res.just shows the level of knowledge the last owner had.thats why i got it cheap as she had been quoted £5-600 for fixing.
Don't really plan on doing a lot to it apart from 52mm throttle body and a cold air induction kit.
Then i'll MOT it had then go have some fun in the sun.
See how many people around Peterborough we see about.

Thanks
Ralph + Paula

Jonathan Tully
Model of Car: MGF Steptronic ('01)

Re: greetings to all

Post by Jonathan Tully » Wed Apr 21, 2010 7:03 pm

Welcome Ralph & Paula,

Sounds like a fun project you have there :D You should be sorted for spare parts, with a couple of MG /Rover breakers in P'boro, you may have seen them on fleabay :thumbsu: . I used to live in Spring Meadows and still make it across to P'boro now and again. I'll keep an eye out for you - Mine's the car on the right===>

Cheers

Jon
ImageImageImage
Ex(e) MGF Register Regional Representative - East Anglia

R+P MGF
Model of Car: 97 MGF VVC

Post by R+P MGF » Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:14 pm

Cheers Jon.
yeh shouldn't take me long.
How do you add a photo on here?

adrianclifford
MGF Register Region: Essex
Model of Car: MGTF 80LE

Post by adrianclifford » Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:26 pm

Hi Ralph & Paula, welcome to the forum and the MGF Register, I'm sure your car will give you all the fun you need, but why just the summer ?, we use ours all year round in all weathers, thye'll stand up to it don't worry.

You will need a hosting site such Photobucket or Webshots, they're both free to use. Reduce your picture to about 600x450 on your software then add to an album on either of the sites, I prefer Photobucket for singles and Webshots for entire albums. With the picture in place click on the direct link, copy it and paste it on the forum. To do this you cllick the img at the top of your posting that will open up this a caption then paste the link between the markers and job done.
Bilstein shocks, Piper 4-2-1 manifold, Daytona, Vader cold-air induction, custom Z and F Stage 2 re-map, Electric boot release, braided hoses, Blue Magnecor leads, Technozen relays, Stage 1 head, BMW Angel Eyes headlights, "MG" puddle lights.

Paula
MGF Register Region: South Coast
Model of Car: 80th LE TF135

Post by Paula » Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:43 pm

Hello and welcome!! :thumbsu:
MGTF 80th Anniversary Goodwood Green #1469

colintf
Committee Member & Regional Rep
MGF Register Region: Devon & Cornwall
Model of Car: MG PA TF160 ZTV8