Hi Everyone

New to the MGF Register? Pop in here and introduce yourself, find out what your local region is and view some useful links!

Moderator: Committee Members

gucciman
MGF Register Region: Midlands
Model of Car: 1.8i mgf

Hi Everyone

Post by gucciman » Sun May 02, 2010 11:22 am

Hi all

Rob from Birmingham here, although live in Swansea these days but still work in Brum 4 days a week.

Have a 1998 1.8i Mgf in Tahiti Blue ( spent 17 yrs working for the company who made Rover's paints so the Tahiti is my baby ! ) Car just coming up to 119k miles and still running strong, bit of rust appearing now and needs a new roof as its gone mouldy and tatty but the paint's still gleaming !

talkingcars
MGF Register Region: South East
Model of Car: mk1 VVC

Re: Hi Everyone

Post by talkingcars » Sun May 02, 2010 11:37 am

Hi and welcome
Home to black Alfa 159 3.2 V6 Q4, blue MGZR160, green MGF VVC and grey MGF 1.8i, and red MG Maestro T16.

MGF chatting on the Register and at http://www.the-t-bar.com

MG Ant
MGF Register Region: South East
Model of Car: Mk 2 MGF 1.8i

Post by MG Ant » Mon May 03, 2010 4:42 pm

Hi Rob, welcome to the Register :thumbsu:
Ant
MGCC Member
2001 MGF 1.8i
Chrome accessories
Bodywork fed on Auto Glym products

Phil MGFPM
MGF Register Region: Cotswolds
Model of Car: 2001 mpi in JAJ

Post by Phil MGFPM » Tue May 04, 2010 11:40 am

[quote="gucciman"] Have a 1998 1.8i Mgf in Tahiti Blue ( spent 17 yrs working for the company who made Rover's paints so the Tahiti is my baby ! ) quote]

Hi Rob, I too have what must be your cousin: a 1998 MGF MPI tahiti Blue, only 58,000 which is really low, I have had one part of the paintwork re-done professionally where there was a deep scuff, but otherwise I have found very little rust on mine (some around the air intake vents and some round the side indicators. I have bought some Hycote spray which I think is a exc. match and will sort these when the weather is warmer. I love the way the pearlescent glows in the sunlight. Enjoy. I wonder what car VIN number yours is? I wonder if whole batches of the same colour rolled of the prod line together? Phil
Previously owned '98 F 1.8mpi bought 2008; then a '97 F Mk1 1.8 VVC in nightfire red, bought 2011; now a '01 F 1.8mpi in tahiti blue, bought Nov-19

adrianclifford
MGF Register Region: Essex
Model of Car: MGTF 80LE

Post by adrianclifford » Tue May 04, 2010 5:53 pm

Hi Phil, no they didn't. Batches of car bodies were sprayed then the bodies were stored in racks in a big warehouse adjacent to the start of the prod line, as the business needs dictate a certain colour car would enter the line. There may be a certain number of cars the same colour, but cars are not sprayed then enter the prod line.

After the initial dealer stock, dealers would place an order for a certain model/colour combination, this colour body would then be selected and the car would be built to the customers specification.

Probably the nearest to this would be the early Trophy's as they are 90% yellow but, even saying that the Trophy's are not vin sequential, they appeared between "normal" F's on the line. As you can imagine, same as the TF135/85LE's, you had to have the right body hanging over the right mechanicals to get a complete car to the correct spec.
Bilstein shocks, Piper 4-2-1 manifold, Daytona, Vader cold-air induction, custom Z and F Stage 2 re-map, Electric boot release, braided hoses, Blue Magnecor leads, Technozen relays, Stage 1 head, BMW Angel Eyes headlights, "MG" puddle lights.

sparky135
MGF Register Region: South Coast
Model of Car: MG TF Spark

Post by sparky135 » Tue May 04, 2010 6:43 pm

Hi Rob and welcome to the F Register forums.
John
MGF Register South Coast Regional Rep
south.coast@mgfregister.org
www.scrr.org.uk

Paula
MGF Register Region: South Coast
Model of Car: 80th LE TF135

Post by Paula » Thu May 06, 2010 1:19 pm

Hello and welcome!! :thumbsu:
MGTF 80th Anniversary Goodwood Green #1469