newbie from bradford

New to the MGF Register? Pop in here and introduce yourself, find out what your local region is and view some useful links!

Moderator: Committee Members

rachaelk
MGF Register Region: Yorkshire
Model of Car: 1.8i

newbie from bradford

Post by rachaelk » Fri May 14, 2010 9:28 am

hi guys my names rachael, ive just bought my first mgf its only an 1996 n reg in grey but my god its cool, the gasket deffo needs doing cos there is mixing happening lol so it will be going straight to the garage to get this and timing kit done, this is my first convertable ive always had big cars and still have colin the landrover lol but now dave has joined the family im really happy and i got it for a bargain price of £350 and its only got 80,000 miles on the clock (been checked through vosa) so the people in bradford watch out for a weird women wizzing about lol.

as this is my first mgf i will be asking lllooooaaaaaddddsss of questions so be prepaired.

thanks guys

lots of love

rach

adrianclifford
MGF Register Region: Essex
Model of Car: MGTF 80LE

Re: newbie from bradford

Post by adrianclifford » Fri May 14, 2010 9:58 am

Hi Rachel, glad to see you here, keep in touch. I'm sure we will be able to answer your questions as they arrive.

Mind you, as you are aware of the problem with old head gaskets you seem to have a bargain at £350, well done.

Looking at your picture, your car appears to be charcoal, quite a rare colour, you will not see too many of those.

As you are in the area I would recommend to you Mike Satur for all things MGF, he's in Goldthorpe and well worth a visit, see here : http://www.mikesatur.com/ I don't know if you have a good trusted garage for your head gasket replacement but, as you say the oil/water is already mixing I would not recommend using the car until it's replaced.
Bilstein shocks, Piper 4-2-1 manifold, Daytona, Vader cold-air induction, custom Z and F Stage 2 re-map, Electric boot release, braided hoses, Blue Magnecor leads, Technozen relays, Stage 1 head, BMW Angel Eyes headlights, "MG" puddle lights.

rachaelk
MGF Register Region: Yorkshire
Model of Car: 1.8i

Post by rachaelk » Fri May 14, 2010 11:54 am

hi adrian,

yes it is in charcoal thats what mainly attracted me, my husband works for andrew page so im getting the uprated gasket and t belt kit for next to nothing (hehehe) im also getting the work done at a garage in bradford that just deals with mgs all the lot fitted, pressure tested the works for £350 i cant knock it lol, i started the car this morning and it seems to have a bad misfire only on tickover drives straight through it when driven( i have quite a long driveway) but i suppose he will sort that out, im not going to use it till its finished, i drove it home from manchester yesterday when i picked it up and it drove like a dream, its just passed the test too so nothing to worry about for next 12 months, i must admit i think ive got a little corker so fingers crossed im right.

thanks for the swift reply x

adrianclifford
MGF Register Region: Essex
Model of Car: MGTF 80LE

Post by adrianclifford » Fri May 14, 2010 12:39 pm

That's OK then, it looks like all bases are covered.
Bilstein shocks, Piper 4-2-1 manifold, Daytona, Vader cold-air induction, custom Z and F Stage 2 re-map, Electric boot release, braided hoses, Blue Magnecor leads, Technozen relays, Stage 1 head, BMW Angel Eyes headlights, "MG" puddle lights.