Hi all

New to the MGF Register? Pop in here and introduce yourself, find out what your local region is and view some useful links!

Moderator: Committee Members

TurkAuralVirus
MGF Register Region: South Coast

Hi all

Post by TurkAuralVirus » Fri Jun 18, 2010 1:58 am

Finally got an MG!
When 19 i aimed for a B Roadster but ended up with a MK111 Spitfire [UBW 111G] Due to the Spits easy set up it was probably the best option at that age as I near nut n bolt rebuilt it over 4 years whilst still driving it to work even if it meant getting home and working on it until 2am ready to drive to work regardless of the problem (carb rebuild? done, brakes replaced? (inc pipes/seals) - done (i practiced on a mini 1st - different shape, near same parts.
I guess 20 years later and having not driven (as my own) a car from my favourite marquee it was time to just do it.
And after having a car written of kindly by someone 'carefully' selecting my car to crash into and not understanding the give way sign :) the subaru impreza which i had and thought was extremely good has easily been forgotten after 2 weeks of getting used to the mid engine set up of the F, so what at 1st seemed a sad day turned out to be a blessing.
I absolutely have fallen for the MG F - forget the subaru and (almost) forget the Spitfire - i have the best of both now, handling and sports car x 2.
I'm here to stay :thumbsu:
So i guess without anymore useless chatter i'll wrap it up.

Paula
MGF Register Region: South Coast
Model of Car: 80th LE TF135

Re: Hi all

Post by Paula » Fri Jun 18, 2010 11:33 am

Hello and welcome! :thumbsu:
MGTF 80th Anniversary Goodwood Green #1469