Changes to our 2013 events list

The region for Oxfordshire, South Bucks, Berkshire.

Moderator: Worzel

NoseyParker
MGF Register Region: Thames Valley
Model of Car: Tf le500

Changes to our 2013 events list

Post by NoseyParker » Wed Jul 03, 2013 4:34 pm

Following our local natter last night the following changes were made to our Diary for the remainder of 2013. It will now read as follows:

11/8/13 "Run to the Sun" (Thames Valley Region)
18/8/13 Wamgoc "Octagonal run (High Wycombe MG owners club)
25/8/13 "Credit Crunch" Treasure Hunt (Thames Valley Region)
15/9/13 "Simons" Tulip Run (Thames Valley Region)
13/10/13 Thames Bridges Run (AWC)

The details are as follows for each event

"Run to the Sun"
Last year we spent a fantastic day by the beach at Hayling Island had a picnic and generally had a relaxing day doing not a great deal. A leisurely drive through Hampshire with the tops down was just what the doctor ordered. This year we will have a similar run and finish up on a beach in a similar part of the world. watch this space for meeting times etc.

Wamgoc "Octagonal run

The Thames Valley region have been invited to join with the High Wycombe MG owners club to join them on their "Octagonal Run" we joined them earlier in the year and both John and Trish were so impressed with the organisation and clearly they were so well behaved we have been invited back....Leave the rolls alone John!!! This event is a paid for event and as such if interested you will need a booking form and cheque sent to the organisers. Please ask for further information. It will be a 60 mile round trip and start at The Lions pub in Princes Risborough and will finish at the same place during the run a stop off at Stowe House is planned. The entry fee is £25 per car which includes a guided tour of this spectacular house and a rally board.

Treasure Hunt

This has been in the planning since the start of the year. The route will take cars into some wonderful areas of south Oxfordshire largely around the Henley area. It will be a fun day (especially as I have now found the questions and the map!) and will finish in a pub for some much needed food and drink. The run should take most logical people approx. 4 hours but for Thames Valley locals add on another 2! Again please keep an eye on this forum for meeting points and times

Simons Tulip Run

By all accounts a great day out last year. Simon will organise a run and the participants will follow his tulip route taking in several points of interest. I am told this year he will take us into the Cotswolds. As above please keep an eye out for meeting points and times.

I hope all our regulars will be able to make these trips and events and it would be a pleasure to welcome any new faces who fancy getting out in your mgs. If you fancy either or all of the above but not sure what to do, or who to contact, please contact me and I will put your mind at rest.

Rob

ianhunter
MGF Register Region: South East

Re: Changes to our 2013 events list

Post by ianhunter » Wed Jul 03, 2013 5:57 pm

Hi Rob,

This SE Efffer enjoyed your run last year and would love the chance to join you guys again.

Ian/Liza :D
TF 160 'oggy of the ampshire ogs' / ZR 160 (sadly now deceased) hooray now resurrected by Dave at Church Square Autos.

NoseyParker
MGF Register Region: Thames Valley
Model of Car: Tf le500

Post by NoseyParker » Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:26 pm

Hey Ian,

It would e great to see both of you again, you would be more than welcome..... I'm sure you know that

Rob

ianhunter
MGF Register Region: South East

Post by ianhunter » Thu Jul 04, 2013 5:45 pm

Cheers Rob,

When you post details nearer to the date I will confirm a point to meet up with you guys :D

Ian
TF 160 'oggy of the ampshire ogs' / ZR 160 (sadly now deceased) hooray now resurrected by Dave at Church Square Autos.