Natter Night - Change of Venue

The region for Oxfordshire, South Bucks, Berkshire.

Moderator: Worzel

Worzel
Committee Member & Regional Rep
MGF Register Region: Thames Valley
Model of Car: MY2000 MGF 1.8

Natter Night - Change of Venue

Post by Worzel » Tue Jul 23, 2019 8:01 pm

Good evening to you

Re: Thames Valley Region Natter Night Venue – A Change.

For the June & July Natter Nights, we had a change of scenery from our usual location of The Novello (now Bell & Bottle/Jakatri) at Littlewick Green, Maidenhead, to make use of the Summer weather and held these two natters at the Princes Risborough Golf Club following an open invitation from them whilst we were there in the winter for our Sunday breakfasts.

Fort those that attended these two Natters, the Golf Club did go out of their way to produce evening meals for us – something they don’t usually do – and although we did swamp them a tad on the July meet, I think they eventually got things sorted and certainly learnt a lot from it!

Although the Novello has served us fairly well for these last couple of years, there has always been small niggles from being there, raised by some of the members, for example the “aroma”, the sharing the space with the Merry-Goers, and the surprise crazy raising of the food costs (of which we luckily got reversed), and some wishing that we could go back to the Shire Horse down the road (although they will not reserve us an area) just to mention a few.

As the Natters On Tour were only for the two months, we had a discussion between the 20 members present at July’s regarding going back to the Novello for August, or if the caterer and the Golf Club were happy would the members wish to stay at the Golf Club. On the night, comments were given that the food was better and lower costing, and liked that we had solo usage of the place.

Following the nights discussion, Trisha the caterer was fully happy to carry on being there for the night and doing the food, promising a bigger choice of food, and I’m happy to say that the Gold Club has also now confirmed that they would be overjoyed for us to use the Golf Club as our base. They have said that they would look at increasing the alcoholic drinks they hold, although we do need to bear in mind that we are driving……

So, as we have a large number of you current MG Car Club members on the books that have stated you have a F/TF, I feel it only right to contact you all and advise of our decision taken at the July meeting to move our Natter Night venue from the Novello to the Princes Risborough Golf Club, but if you as a member have any feelings, please do let me know.

For those that as yet have never come to our regions Natter Nights, then please do pop along and come and say hi, you and your partner will be made more than welcome and they are not Tyre Kicking nights, just a really good social evening with plenty of laughter and banter, and the same goes with any of our events we do.
Full details can be found on our facebook page – Thames Valley Region MGCC MGF Register – our website www.thamesvalleymgf.org and the MGF Register forum. We meet on the 2nd Thursday of each month, 7.30pm to 10pm.

We hope to see as many of you as possible at our next natter on Thursday 8th August, and the address is Lee Rd, Princes Risborough HP27 9NX, which is four miles north of High Wycombe on the A4010 road to Princes Risborough and is signed from the main road.
Ian "Worzel" Wright

MGF Register - Chairman & National Events
MGF Register - Regional Rep (Thames Valley)

Email: chair@mgfregister.org
Email: thames.valley@mgfregister.org
Mobile: 07793 002190