Tour of Ireland part 4

Photos and videos of events the MGF Register has been at.

Moderator: Committee Members

adrianclifford
MGF Register Region: Essex
Model of Car: MGTF 80LE

Tour of Ireland part 4

Post by adrianclifford » Sun Jun 08, 2014 8:10 pm

Onto quieter times for the last two days. This is Rathlin Island, it lies six miles off the Antrim Coast and twelve miles from Scotland across the Mull of Kintyre. Cars have to obtain special permission to drive on the island, it's eight miles by two so we walked and took the little mini-bus.

The Rathlin ferry :

Rathlin Island (most of the buildings anyway) :

The mainland in the background :

Maybe the islands claim to fame ?

Found a nice chair for Dawn after a long walk to the lighthouse :

They have a nice pub (just the one though) :

Centuries ago, the Vikings invaded, nowadays they are towed across for the regular invasion festivals (sign of the times ?) :

Pearl on the A5 in Snowdonia on the way home :

Whoohoo, the A5 empty, let's go home :

Bilstein shocks, Piper 4-2-1 manifold, Daytona, Vader cold-air induction, custom Z and F Stage 2 re-map, Electric boot release, braided hoses, Blue Magnecor leads, Technozen relays, Stage 1 head, BMW Angel Eyes headlights, "MG" puddle lights.

daz
MGF Register Region: Midlands
Model of Car: mg less :(

Re: Tour of Ireland part 4

Post by daz » Tue Jun 10, 2014 8:19 pm

Great pics, looks like you had a lovely time. Ireland is on my list for next year. The last two pics look like the lake on the A5 outside Bethesda heading towards betws y coed, one of my favourite roads.

adrianclifford

Post by adrianclifford » Wed Jun 11, 2014 8:31 am

Yep, that's it well spotted Daz. I'll be doing write up's on both tours for FasTForward if anybody is interested in going themselves in the future. You will never forget it.
Bilstein shocks, Piper 4-2-1 manifold, Daytona, Vader cold-air induction, custom Z and F Stage 2 re-map, Electric boot release, braided hoses, Blue Magnecor leads, Technozen relays, Stage 1 head, BMW Angel Eyes headlights, "MG" puddle lights.

VR 14/30
Regional Rep
MGF Register Region: Europe

Post by VR 14/30 » Fri Jun 13, 2014 2:13 pm

Beautiful Pictures Adrian !
It must be super to drive on empty roads in such great landscapes; I would love to do that.
But Belfast city looks not as my preferred city in the world !!! ;)
MG'calement,

Marina.

adrianclifford

Post by adrianclifford » Fri Jun 13, 2014 2:24 pm

Marina, then you must allow us to take you and Christian to Wales, I know some lovely people there and some beautiful places to stay. Bring the MGCF, they will enjoy it. Maybe you can visit next year before or after MGF20.

True, Belfast is not what you would usually see in any city, it has it's troubles but walking or driving there provokes such intense feelings and an insight to a life unknown to us. You have to see both sides of the story, I will never forget our visit there. Now you see why we didn't know if we wanted to go but we knew we would regret it if we didn't.