1000 Bochten Sept 2010

Photos and videos of events the MGF Register has been at.

Moderator: Committee Members

adrianclifford
MGF Register Region: Essex
Model of Car: MGTF 80LE

1000 Bochten Sept 2010

Post by adrianclifford » Fri Sep 17, 2010 9:54 pm

If you have read the European section you may have seen the excellent weekend we had with our great friends over the channel at mgf.be. The event, roughly translated, means 1000 turnings. It was centred around the Eiffel region of central Germany, close to the Nurburgring and it was a high speed event with the foot buried in the carpet for 500 miles over three days, for us it was 1000 miles over four days of hard but pleasureable driving, we had great scenery, excellent food and drink, superb friends and, last year, it was the mgf.be favourite event, this year, it was probably ours. To be honest, the ladies were rather concerned about this as they had heard the speed was high, the corners were tight (and many) but they are already talking about going back again next year, do Simon and I need another excuse ??, nah !!, we'll be there. Before the sample pictures, let's think about the cars, we covered 700 miles the weekend before on the Wirral Run (not forgetting the 2,500 odd miles on the mountain passes in June) along with all the other events in the UK and Europe but still they push on without missing a beat and this weekend really did push them hard (a bit like a three day track day :lol: ). I'll put the rest up tomorrow, here's a sample of how a driving weekend can be so much fun :

Friday morning at the Hotel Aulnenhof in Belgium

A great rally plaque to go with the collection

This really was a public road, although in poor condition but great fun

Much more like it, long fast traffic free stretches of tarmac

Noses in the ferns at lunch on Saturday

Some call him a legend, he's a tame racing driver, we know him as Bruno. He thought he would test Simon's car (Ann stayed on to keep him company in case he couldn't find the gears on a right hand drive car, I think he found Ann's leg more times :lol: :lol: ) This is the beFore picture

This is ten minutes later

For dinner, we had to cook our own (but it was rather different, we used hot lava rocks on our table :o )

Don't ask

Ho hum, still no traffic (in fact we only saw three sets of traffic lights the whole weekend I think) these roads were made for MG's :D

A typical corner (#347 I think :lol: )

Simon and Ann at speed pulling hard out of another corner

Who left that Opel there ? :rant:

Smile Erik, you're on camera :thumbsu:

Who said the ladies wouldn't enjoy it ?, why was Dawn driving Simon's car at the time

Because Simon was driving Pearl (we think they enjoyed it :thumbsu: )

Nice to get pictures of your own car for a change

Driven the way MG's should be driven

Pearl's Belgian sister (Jos and Natalie's car really)

Just what was I eating (and why was Luc on my shoulder ?) :oops:

The 2010 1000 Bochten team in the Park Hotel am Schloss (our weekend base)

Actually, we do own all of the road (nobody else wanted it :thumbsu: )

That bowl of pea soup with sausage was enormous, Ann could have fed everybody with it

Lucas, I don't care what your sat-nav says, are you sure this is the right road ?
Bilstein shocks, Piper 4-2-1 manifold, Daytona, Vader cold-air induction, custom Z and F Stage 2 re-map, Electric boot release, braided hoses, Blue Magnecor leads, Technozen relays, Stage 1 head, BMW Angel Eyes headlights, "MG" puddle lights.

YOUNG
MGF Register Region: Thames Valley
Model of Car: TF Spark

Re: 1000 Bochten Sept 2010

Post by YOUNG » Sat Sep 18, 2010 2:02 pm

Great pictures Adrian, brings back VERY pleasant memories. It was a lot of fun and yes we will do it again next year! Think Dawn must have liked the red car really by the smile on her face. That pea soup was the best ever - slept on my own for the next two nights!! :lol: :lol:

adrianclifford

Post by adrianclifford » Sat Sep 18, 2010 2:54 pm

I've got plenty more, I'll try to get them on web-shots soon and pass them on. I'll send you a disc so you can take them to Australia and show your grand-children the crazy things their grand-parents get up to at weekends. True, a great weekend but not for the faint-hearted for sure. I know you two and Dawn were a bit concerned but the smile on her face proves that wrong but I still remember the shout on the radio " Simon, I want my car back".
Bilstein shocks, Piper 4-2-1 manifold, Daytona, Vader cold-air induction, custom Z and F Stage 2 re-map, Electric boot release, braided hoses, Blue Magnecor leads, Technozen relays, Stage 1 head, BMW Angel Eyes headlights, "MG" puddle lights.

RoadRunner
MGF Register Region: Europe
Model of Car: 2001 MPi

Post by RoadRunner » Sun Sep 19, 2010 3:31 pm

Beautiful pictures Adrian, you captured the moments perfectly. :thumbsu:

Not looking at the people but at the roads, here's:

Day 1 - Part 1: http://picasaweb.google.nl/RoadRunner.m ... 1932857058
Day 1 - Part 2: http://picasaweb.google.nl/RoadRunner.m ... 2114243378

You have to take the time, together they're about an hour.

Day 2 is in progress!
Ton & Gea Terpstra

MG TF 80th Anniversary Pearl Black

ErikB
Regional Rep
Model of Car: MGF PTP RT-Sport 165

Post by ErikB » Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:09 am

Great pictures, they do really show the full aspects of the weekend !!

LOL with the picture of you, the physalis and Luc. Hillareous !!

adrianclifford

Post by adrianclifford » Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:41 am

ErikB wrote:
LOL with the picture of you, the physalis and Luc. Hillareous !!
Is that what it was then ? maybe Luc was trying to grab it.

I'll have the rest of the pictures available later today, there are so many that enhance the weekend, looking back, it was probably the best weekend ever with an MG :thumbsu: .

adrianclifford

Post by adrianclifford » Mon Sep 20, 2010 3:35 pm

Great memories Ton, I've just watched the videos (shame about your choice of music and Gea's singing :shutup: ) next year we must put your camera on my car and I'll tail you for a change.

Looking forward to the other two days (and the holiday video too :lol: ).

RoadRunner

Post by RoadRunner » Mon Sep 20, 2010 4:32 pm

adrianclifford wrote:Great memories Ton, I've just watched the videos (shame about your choice of music and Gea's singing :shutup: ) next year we must put your camera on my car and I'll tail you for a change.

Looking forward to the other two days (and the holiday video too :lol: ).
Had to do something in return for putting my car always in the front on your pictures :lol:

The video's from your car should be much smoother because of your superior suspension!

And about the holiday video, it's in progress as are The Day and Kempenrit. So much to do, so little time :oops:

Don't think the music is getting any better in the next two video's!
Ton & Gea Terpstra

adrianclifford

Post by adrianclifford » Mon Sep 20, 2010 5:21 pm

ha Ha, Dawn and I will loan you some good CD's next time.

Here's a link to the complete set, hope you enjoy them ; http://community.webshots.com/slideshow/578594751QZtsrp

Herbie
Model of Car: MGF 1.8i

Post by Herbie » Mon Sep 20, 2010 5:38 pm

Wow you have been very busy Gea, Ton, Dawn and Adrian. Very good pictures and videos ! :thumbsu:
These really capture the moments of a fantastic event. I'm proud to have been a little part of it on the Saturday :D

My pics are here (or in the mgf.be gallery under mgf.be events):
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=4 ... c54d749596

Edit:
The music in Ton's video was great ... AC/DC, Dire Straits, wonderful :)
MGF 1.8i - Nighfire Red (CAQ)
Daytona Backbox - Piper Sports Cat - 52mm TB - TF Steering Rack - TF 80th LE elements - Compliance Washers - Clear Indicators - Assorted Bling

adrianclifford

Post by adrianclifford » Mon Sep 20, 2010 5:59 pm

Herbie, I'm very fortunate as Dawn will always drive so I can take pictures too.

RoadRunner

Post by RoadRunner » Tue Sep 21, 2010 9:37 pm

Ton & Gea Terpstra

adrianclifford

Post by adrianclifford » Tue Sep 21, 2010 11:37 pm

Great stuff Ton, the Daytona Symphony, it makes me want to go for a drive right now :D . Shame we don't have the roads for it here :thumbsd:

Now you can see why this event was so good (and pictures so difficult :lol: )

Looking forward to Day three already, well done Ton.

RoadRunner

Post by RoadRunner » Thu Sep 23, 2010 4:25 pm

Ton & Gea Terpstra

John Ponting
MGF Register Region: Hertfordshire
Model of Car: MG Motor TF LE500 20

Post by John Ponting » Thu Sep 23, 2010 5:40 pm

Excellent videos Ton. I thought I would never get used to the Crazy Foreign Lady singing - now I'm sure I never will.

adrianclifford

Post by adrianclifford » Thu Sep 23, 2010 6:47 pm

John Ponting wrote:Excellent videos Ton. I thought I would never get used to the Crazy Foreign Lady singing - now I'm sure I never will.

John, is that Pearl and the Daytona symphony or Gea :shutup: :shutup:

Well done Ton, another great reminder of a great weekend.