Admiral Nelson

The Lincolnshire Area, where the sausages come from.

Moderator: Geoff and Vicki Edge

Geoff and Vicki Edge
Regional Rep
MGF Register Region: Elsewhere
Model of Car: 2000 MGF 1.8i

Admiral Nelson

Post by Geoff and Vicki Edge » Tue Oct 08, 2013 8:16 am

There have been changes afoot at the Admiral Nelson pub where the Lincs Register meets on the 4th Thursday of each month.

In September our landlady Shirley left to move on to new ventures. Shirley accommodated us over the last two years (and had to put up with some of us...) so as a gesture of thanks we invited her along to our September meet where we presented her with some flowers and enjoyed the unusual sight of her spending the whole evening on our side of the bar!
Geoff presenting Shirley with some flowers
Geoff presenting Shirley with some flowers
Time moves on and we have new licensees, Steve and Sheila, who have made us equally welcome. Some of us have already enjoyed the delights of the new menu and we understand the meals are pretty good! Also Steve does an amazing line in home made pork pies - these have rapidly become a local legend and are sold out before they even come out of the oven! Because of their popularity he has agreed to take pre-orders for our meet, so we'll be contacting everyone to give further details about this before the October meet.

Briansid19
MGF Register Region: East Anglia

Re: Admiral Nelson

Post by Briansid19 » Sun Feb 23, 2014 6:23 pm

Hi, do you still meet 4th Thursday of the month? If so where is the admiral Nelson?

Regards

Brian

Keith Williams
MGF Register Region: Midlands
Model of Car: MGF VVC, Trophy 160

Post by Keith Williams » Sun Feb 23, 2014 6:32 pm

I would double check with Geoff & Vicki via PM or email but the Admiral Nelson, from previous pub meets is on the A52, in Benington which is near Boston.
1998 MGF VVC, 2001 Trophy 160 & 2013 MG6 GT TSE

Plezier
MGF Register Region: Europe
Model of Car: MGF 75th

Post by Plezier » Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:49 am

I hope it's still there. Was in January and am planning on heading down there tonight in the MGF this time instead of the Rover :D

Geoff and Vicki Edge
Regional Rep
MGF Register Region: Elsewhere
Model of Car: 2000 MGF 1.8i

Post by Geoff and Vicki Edge » Mon Jun 02, 2014 7:55 am

To clarify any doubt - Lincolnshire MGF Register does still meet at the Admiral Nelson on the A52 at Benington just north of Boston on the 4th Thursday of each month, a meeting shared with Boston MGOC members.